Milverton Club Trails open

Dave K

Milverton has opened their trails limited. I'll let everyone know how they are tomorrow night.

That is cool. Maybe with more snow on Thursday it will be decent by Saturday.

Milverton has opened their trails limited. I'll let everyone know how they are tomorrow night.

Went out this evening. Trails are in pretty good shape so far. Hopefully we get a bit more snow before the weekend, or I think they will be tough by Monday.

On a scale of 1 -10 limited conditions, I would call them an 7.5 to 8 Most trail had no problem running 50 km or faster, a few spots we had to slow down.

Suprisingly, the bushes seemed to have less snow than the fields did. However I still put on 60 km this evening, so a good ride none the less.

good report Thx

So where in milverton can I park my rv for the weekend.

You can park in Milverton at the Co-op, trail crosses just north of there, Lots of parking. Gas available (ethanol blend) with a cardlock, or mastercard, but I think you need to call and get a pin #, (519 348 8441, will allow you to fill at any FS coop gas bar) or just head up the street to Scooter fuels and can get gas there as well.

In Atwood you can park at the Esso station, or across the road at the community centre, or a municipal parking lot.

Thanks Dave. Won't need gas, since I have a range of 350km. Hoping to be able to ride from Baden soon. I usually go over to Mitchell, but that is red south of third too.

hope we get that 10 cm of snow they are calling for tomorrow!

Look out Milverton! It's light weight and hardly uses any fuel!

post-19768-0-78919600-1360170881_thumb.j

Look out Milverton! It's light weight and hardly uses any fuel!

:coffeespit:

Lol. Yeah and I dump out the sewer before I climb a hill.

Good conditions today, most trails had seen at least one pass with the groomer. A club member told me it takes about 36 hrs to completely groom everything, so by the end orf the weekend, the should have a least got the drifts leveled out some. In the past couple of days I got almost 300 km on, 300 more than last year, and looks like this week will give me some more riding. :icon_hyper:

Good conditions today, most trails had seen at least one pass with the groomer. A club member told me it takes about 36 hrs to completely groom everything, so by the end orf the weekend, the should have a least got the drifts leveled out some. In the past couple of days I got almost 300 km on, 300 more than last year, and looks like this week will give me some more riding. :icon_hyper:

I thought the milverton area was brutle. Ploughed fields are rough, low snow in the corn fields, lots of traffic and super bumpy. There is less snow there, then what we have. Bush trails are down to dirt in some places.

Archived