Vantage points

Hilbro

I would like to post this question to those of you in the north around sudsbury, KL. i've been seeing on atlas's and maps (not trail maps) that a point near Gowganda called Ishpatina ridge is the highest point in Ont. i've been up the "c" and "c106d" to Shining Tree, and wolf mountian from location by "Rocky's". Is there good lookout point there? And How far is it from "c" trail?

Do you have the lat' & long' for this spot? I can check on my GPS files for it's proximity to the trails. I've been thru A107C, C106A & L136 & don't recall any high points along the trail. It could be that the ridge is high, but not a single point.

There is a lookout w/ an old fire tower about half a mile off TOP C between Gogama & Tatachikapika Lodge. Very high in relation to the surrounding terrain.

Also, have you ever seen Mt. Cheminis in Quebec? It's just across the border east of Kirkland Lake. Probably very close to TQ93 that connects w/ the OFSC trail east of Larder Lake/V'town.

There is a lookout w/ an old fire tower about half a mile off TOP C between Gogama & Tatachikapika Lodge. Very high in relation to the surrounding terrain.

That one is 10 miles south of the Lodge, west off C trail. Stop there for a picture or 8.

P2281499.jpg

P2281500.jpg

P2281501.jpg

P2281502.jpg

P2281503.jpg

That one is 10 miles south of the Lodge, west off C trail. Stop there for a picture or 8.

P2281499.jpg

P2281500.jpg

P2281501.jpg

P2281502.jpg

P2281503.jpg

Hey, STG...we found that scenic lookout too...thanks to (or perhaps despite... :poke: ) your previous directions. (We were aided also by the "Scenic Lookout" sign right on "C" that was pretty hard to miss...but that's a detail...:P)

Beautiful spot!!

Archived