Hi,

I was just wondering the quality of some of the smaller trails. Lets pretend they all have enough snow. I have ridden the Rail Line, Minden trail and the trail to Whitney. Are the other trails awesome? Do they have good hills or nice views? How is the trail to Gooderham? If anyone wants to share their opinion that would be great.

Anything good to eat in Carnarvon. How is the trail west of Minden.

Hey bud. My favourite trail is top b103 north of hail. Take trail 11 across eagle, redstone, kennedis then get on tall pines 62 and go through russel landing to Dorset. Then come back on top b, which is a stellar trail. Very hilly and beautiful birch forests. Loop back to b103 and can either take the trail 4 from b via carnarvon and back to rail line or back to top end of b103. The b112 is the new trail and it had alot of wet area's last year. A guy from this board got stuck in one of the mud holes, when the hay bale bridge broke eh freedy?? So be careful out there.

Hey bud. My favourite trail is top b103 north of hail. Take trail 11 across eagle, redstone, kennedis then get on tall pines 62 and go through russel landing to Dorset. Then come back on top b, which is a stellar trail. Very hilly and beautiful birch forests. Loop back to b103 and can either take the trail 4 from b via carnarvon and back to rail line or back to top end of b103. The b112 is the new trail and it had alot of wet area's last year. A guy from this board got stuck in one of the mud holes, when the hay bale bridge broke eh freedy?? So be careful out there.

Ok, thanks for information. I have been getting a little tired of the rail line.

Anything good to eat in Carnarvon. How is the trail west of Minden.

Stayed in Carnarvon a couple of years ago for a weekend at the little motel (can't remember the name) just south of 118 on 35. "That Place" in Carnarvon is great but I believe it is open for dinner only. It is just east on 118 from 35. Also, there is a little restaurant just north of 118 on 35 that was excellent for breakfast.

Ok, thanks for information. I have been getting a little tired of the rail line.

11 not open yet though, since redstone and Kennis won't be Sade along with russel landing. Huge channel runs for about 30km.

The ATV club (HATVA) just invested over 50K in trail improvements on the trail between Minden and Haliburton (B112). It was trail 4 near Horseshoe lake where water was an issue last year.

As far as restaurants in Carnarvon .. "That Place" is only open for dinner but has decent food. Great pizza. There is also The Peppermill which is south of 118 on 35 and trail 8 runs right through the parking lot. Really good steaks, fish, pasta..fresh sauces. For breakfasts, there is The Mill Pond which is also on 35 but north of Carnarvon north of 118. Trail runs across the road. Good cheap breakfasts and sometimes open for dinner on weekends.

A nice loop is to ride from Minden up 4 to 8 to TOPB to Haliburton through town, down the B103 to 7, across Kashagawigamog back up the hydro line and into Haliburton again or go back across the TOPB and back to Minden. All depends where you start.

Just remember for now there is no gas in Carnarvon. However you can head west across 12 mile lake, into Little Boshkung, run the ditch along 118 to Kushog Lk Rd, run the side of the road to Kushog Lake marine for fuel. About a 15 minute detour. They are at the bottom of Kushog Lake. Sledder friendly, and have hi octane.

The Highlands Motel is near Carnarvon and Peppermill. Sled and ATV friendly. Clean rooms, updated recently, well kept.

The ATV club (HATVA) just invested over 50K in trail improvements on the trail between Minden and Haliburton (B112). It was trail 4 near Horseshoe lake where water was an issue last year.

As far as restaurants in Carnarvon .. "That Place" is only open for dinner but has decent food. Great pizza. There is also The Peppermill which is south of 118 on 35 and trail 8 runs right through the parking lot. Really good steaks, fish, pasta..fresh sauces. For breakfasts, there is The Mill Pond which is also on 35 but north of Carnarvon north of 118. Trail runs across the road. Good cheap breakfasts and sometimes open for dinner on weekends.

A nice loop is to ride from Minden up 4 to 8 to TOPB to Haliburton through town, down the B103 to 7, across Kashagawigamog back up the hydro line and into Haliburton again or go back across the TOPB and back to Minden. All depends where you start.

Just remember for now there is no gas in Carnarvon. However you can head west across 12 mile lake, into Little Boshkung, run the ditch along 118 to Kushog Lk Rd, run the side of the road to Kushog Lake marine for fuel. About a 15 minute detour. They are at the bottom of Kushog Lake. Sledder friendly, and have hi octane.

The Highlands Motel is near Carnarvon and Peppermill. Sled and ATV friendly. Clean rooms, updated recently, well kept.

Wow sounds good. Thanks for all the information everyone.

Thanks FQ. Highlands Motel and the Mill Pond were the two places I was referring to but my sometimers was acting up :oops:

I didn't know about the Peppermill. Rode through the lot but thought it looked a little too fancy. Will have to try it next time I am in the area. Sounds good.

Hey Fred

Your loop included 7 from B103 to Kasgawigamog. The HCSA site shows it as closed. What is the status?

We too had trouble last year on the B112 just north of Minden. The whole trail was rough; however the hay bale washout was impossible to cross. Nice to hear that the ATV club has done major improvements to that great trail.

HCSA website status is as of 10:23 last night and is the most current/accurate data. As things change it goes on the website immediately. I do daily updates on weather and general items and trail info is done as soon as I get the info.

Hi jrhz06. I'm heading up to kashawigimog for a week. Haven't stayed there before. Any tips you can share? Is the lake safe? Any danger areas? Thanks tons db

Even during the coldest Winters there is slush out on Kashagawigamog just out from wigamog resort near where you cross to go to HCSA trail 7. There isn't an abundance of snow so as I have mentioned expect limited availability or early season riding conditions...not what you'd normally see in late January.

Despite the surface slush..the lake is generally safe. If you're riding the chain into Haliburton...be careful of Grass lake as you approach Haliburton. It's not safe. That's near RPM marina. Very sketchy in spots.

I don't live near Kash so I don't know what the ice is like on it, but I'll see if I can get some info on it. Head lake is staked so you're good to go on it. As someone else mentioned, the lakes up here tend to have some weird currents and it can be good ice on part of the lake and thin on another part.

Thanks Fred.

Archived