Durham Area

jimbob

According to the trail map there are trails in the Durham area that are open as limited. Just wondering if anyone living in the area could give me info on what condition they are in? Would like to get out for my first ride this weekend. Patients are stating to run thin on the weather!

Thanks in advance for any info.

Are you talking Durham it self or Durham region.Durham region is lake scugoge area trails are closed in this area.

The town of Durham.

I think they are going to be okay, markdale has been out grooming, going to try there Saturday

I would ride Durham this weekend :D :D :D

Thats cuz you want your trails to yourself. I see sauble beach is "available limited" now too. and also B toward meaford. Any idea whats happening with Wiarton. They have lots of snow too. As always I will watch the interactive.

Nope/ They will update by thursday I would think. Like I keep saying we have got a pile of snow in short order

I hope everyone your way got the squalls and can open at least limited.. Concerning is the short section of the Top B east of Hwy 6 (still red.....Wiarton trail????) and again the Top B south of Hwy 6 to Hwy 21(Grey Bruce East trail ????)

I will be up riding all day on Saturday. I wish I had the whole weekend. 3hrs up and 3 hrs home, guess I better ride for at least 6 hrs then.

I hope everyone your way got the squalls and can open at least limited.. Concerning is the short section of the Top B east of Hwy 6 (still red.....Wiarton trail????) and again the Top B south of Hwy 6 to Hwy 21(Grey Bruce East trail ????)

I will be up riding all day on Saturday. I wish I had the whole weekend. 3hrs up and 3 hrs home, guess I better ride for at least 6 hrs then.

Not sure what's up with that section of B being closed could be a un-frozen swamp . I'm on the other side of Owen Sound but can't get over to Markdale or Durham until that trail opens , Stoney Keppel , Sauble and Wiarton is still cut off from the rest of the network .

Sort of..my brother in law just stopped by. He ran into Springmount to get fuel. Yeap. the fields just west of Springmount are wet, but if he could get through my mother could get through..( just kidding) This minus 23 right now will help.

Remember...ride smart!

Seeing as its been a few years since I have ridden out from Sauble, its a must tomorrow.

Is it too adventurous on yellow to make it as far as Wasaga Beach?

One guy I'm meeting up there wants to attempt Midland and see how it goes. I'm game, but not confident it will be a fun ride.

And I will pray every day your trails survive that the coming meltdown after this weekend. I'd love to bring a bunch up to ride next weekend to ride and watch the superbowl.

Seeing as its been a few years since I have ridden out from Sauble, its a must tomorrow.

One guy I'm meeting up there wants to attempt Midland and see how it goes. I'm game, but not confident it will be a fun ride.

And I will pray every day your trails survive that the coming meltdown after this weekend. I'd love to bring a bunch up to ride next weekend to ride and watch the superbowl.

The snow is very localized. Durham just south of owensound is down to the dirt already.

Sauble to Midland would be an agressive and very long ride to say the least. Definitely won't be a round trip in one day. There is a stretch of trail just north of Elmvale that gets a lot of traffic (runs along side the road) and by end of day will be real bumpy.

Left from Markdale around 10 this morning. Took rail trail up to Owen Sound and then B to Meaford and then a side trail back to Markdale. Trails started out great but deteriorated with the traffic and we didn't see a lot of sleds today. Put on about 165 kms. Great ride for the first one of the year on my new to me sled!!!!

Archived