painting jerry can

white dragon

want to paint a 10 litre jerry can...bought spray bomb made for plastic...know new cans are sturder,but wondering if expansion or contraction will come into play with the paint just falling off....what do you think

what do you think

Buy a Yamaha and don't worry about the gas cans :D

( I say this in jest, since I have the utmost respect for guys who bought gas cans April 3rd for a ride north into the canyon the day after it closed. Actually think you went to the Cdn Tire beside Westway hotel and bought the jugs that morning)

Gas cans for you are like electrical energy to Sledjunk. Can't get enough, lol.

DON'T DO IT. it will look great when you first do it. then you will spill gas and the paint will flake off, like snow from the sky in a whiteout. you can sand, prep use the "right paint" ect... but, plastic breathes. you cant stop the vapors from leaving the can and getting under the finish, and then the finish will fail. if you want a particular color can.... buy a mountain addiction can in the color you want. http://www.mountainaddiction.com/trackrack.html 7 colors to choose from. Ski

want to paint a 10 litre jerry can...bought spray bomb made for plastic...know new cans are sturder,but wondering if expansion or contraction will come into play with the paint just falling off....what do you think

I bet it will crack and peel . Spilled gas wont help

too late...had to see how it would look...think i'll get the truck liner guys 'rhino' to spray one black...that is flexible...th_sled2013006.jpgth_sled2013015.jpg

th_sled2013014.jpg

th_sled2013011.jpgthink the paint will rub off too

th_sled2013010.jpg

th_sled2013006.jpg

it's not the flexing you have to worry about.... it is the vapors escaping from the plastic skin. NOTHING you put on a plastic tank will stay permanently. this is comming from a 25+ year auto body collision industry person, with high training in refinishing. Ski

it's not the flexing you have to worry about.... it is the vapors escaping from the plastic skin. NOTHING you put on a plastic tank will stay permanently. this is comming from a 25+ year auto body collision industry person, with high training in refinishing. Ski

have to take some measuerments & try your link....thx...thought it was too easy

Archived