Snowmobile Ride for Dad- Orillia- Feb. 9

Oro Guy

This year marks the 2nd annual Snowmobile Ride for Dad event taking place in Orillia. Last year we were unable to actually ride because we lacked snow but still managed to raise $4000. This year we hope winter will return and make for a great event with lots of money raised for a prostate cancer!

Where: Orillia ON. Meet at the Mariposa Best Western Inn on Memorial Avenue. (Located on trail B112B, lots of parking for trucks/trailers)

When: Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013

Time: Registration will begin around 8am with ride starting at 10am

How long of a ride: We plan on a 4-5 hour ride through the Orillia area and District 8 trails. We will have members of the OPP Save Team help us as we parade through town on the B112B trail while we ride to Lake Couchiching

We have many local businesses that have sponsored us with cash donations towards the event so far!!! :) As well there are many prizes that will be given out at the end of the event! We will arrive back at the Mariposa Inn around 3:30pm and have a few speakers talk to us and then enjoy dinner together.

Registration is available online at http://www.rideforda...des/snowmobile/ or on the day of the event. Also check out www.sledorillia.com for more details. I'll try and keep things updated here as well.

Hope to see some of you out to support a great cause! Keep your fingers crossed for snow!

lets hope its a go this yr...

I'm looking forward to it. I hope mother nature cooperates this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

So far the weather is still not co-operating with us :( We hope that Thursday we will receive some snow so we can get some trails ready for the weekend. The event will still go whether we can ride or not. Come on out to support a great event and cause!! We have several great prizes to be won....including helmets and sled jackets.

lets hope we get the snow for wk-end

It sounds like the weather will co-operate :snow-141:

seen on late news,clubs are ready to groom to make this event happen as soon as the snow flies....hope it snows like crazy...

I along with 3 others guys from our club just finished signing a 90 mile loop for the Ride for Dad event. Snow conditions are sparse in places but good in others. We covered Coldwater, moonstone, down into Barrie and back to Orillia. Hoping we get lots of snow!!! Our groomers are ready to go all day tomorrow! Hope for a big turnout Saturday!

I along with 3 others guys from our club just finished signing a 90 mile loop for the Ride for Dad event. Snow conditions are sparse in places but good in others. We covered Coldwater, moonstone, down into Barrie and back to Orillia. Hoping we get lots of snow!!! Our groomers are ready to go all day tomorrow! Hope for a big turnout Saturday!

thx for all you & the club do on trails & events...hope to be there sat morning...keep us posted

Well we are getting hammered with snow!! 20+cm so far and still coming down. The ride is ON for tomorrow!! :) Groomers are out. Hope lots can make it out tomorrow. Check out www.sledorillia.com for more details.

How was the "ride for dad" today? I was stuck in Barry's Bay and not able to make it. I hope it was a huge success.

The ride went well! Couldn't have asked for a better day. Sure am glad we had snow! We had around 40 riders. I'm not sure of the final numbers raised but we did well :)

Archived