Barkway Parkway - B trail Closed

WeBeSleddin

Anyone else miss the Barkway Parkway (B trail north of D junction). The trail goes up through Lewisham and barkway towards baysville). You have to take a detour on the 3 trail to get north now.

Dont get me wrong, 3 is a beautiful trail when it is well groomed, but I yearn for that lovely closed stretch of Tops trail B.

any idea of whether this closure is permanent? Is it landowner issues?

WeBeSleddin

It is a landowner issue. We hope it is not permanent. For sure won't be open this year.

It's a legacy of the previous club administration but we are all hoping the new President and executive can undo some of the damage that has been done.

Getting the D trail back off of Muskoka 6 and reopening the B through Bug Hollow are two items high on the new President's ToDo list. Let's hope he pulls it off.

You're right, Trail 3 can be a beauty ride but it can never be a TopTrail, and we all miss the Barkway Parkway !

Thanks STG,

It is nice to have someone who knows so much about the area...Been around a while? I really hope they do sort it out. You can usually count on great conditions on that section of trail.

I also agree about the sections of the D trail on Doe Lake Rd. - It was soooo much nicer when you could ride the trail north of the road. The road running does speed up the run east, but it is a little hard on the skis and sliders when there isn't fresh snow.

Thanks STG,

I...Been around a while? I really hope they do sort it out.

Now that's an understatement! :P

• 2 weeks later...
I think he actually planted the tree's along that trail!................ :P

The trails were a LOT wider before we started planting.........

oxen_breaking.jpg

It's been my experience that guys from that side of Muskoka cut down more then they plant :).

702_4cbefe3d5e7d6a5ce54f3fcaac499064

Luckly it was an easy off....barely bruised his ego. Didn't even scuff the Renegade ;).

Archived