ODSC Bridge help

BlakeBouch

Sorry for the last minute notice, but the there was an issue with the Pressure Treating of the wood for the Coldwater Bridge, so we're ON HOLD until Nov 10th.

The wood was scheduled to arrive today, John had called yesterday to confirm...but no good...it's all coming together, so we can't even get part of it. It is now scheduled to arrive Monday....dooh..

So spread the word if you can.

We still have to get some posts painted and last weeks trail brushing on the B trail is still available. 

Supposed to be a nice day out weather wise, so come on out an enjoy it if you can!

Where to meet: Line 7 and the Warminster Side Rd at 9:30am if you're available

http://www.sledorillia.com

Here is the link as well for more info

Be smart in the bush..it's gun season for deer. Not really the brightest time to be brushing/ or other projects. Wear blaze orange.

The bridge is right in town, as they're asking folks to park by the Coldwater hardware store and walk down. Not likely to get shot in town (it's not Toronto!)

Great advise for those working in the bush, however, FQ.

10-4...on the bridge part..Rushrider had mentioned B trail brushing still needed to get done too and I would hate to see anyone hurt due to a mishap! You wonder with the noise a saw or other equipment makes and ATV's how somebody could get shot..but it happens.

Safety first!

Sorry for the last minute notice, but the there was an issue with the Pressure Treating of the wood for the Coldwater Bridge, so we're ON HOLD until Nov 10th.

The wood was scheduled to arrive today, John had called yesterday to confirm...but no good...it's all coming together, so we can't even get part of it. It is now scheduled to arrive Monday....dooh..

So spread the word if you can.

We still have to get some posts painted and last weeks trail brushing on the B trail is still available.

Supposed to be a nice day out weather wise, so come on out an enjoy it if you can!

Where to meet: Line 7 and the Warminster Side Rd at 9:30am if you're available

will try to make it sunday for bridge work...keep us posted on delivery of wood

Sunday is the 11th. Just sayin' :lol:

Perfect guys it will be a good help.

Sunday is the 11th. Just sayin' :lol:

10th reserved for sno-voyageurs...smarty pants... :nana:

Hello All,

Just wanted to update everyone, that the wood for the Coldwater Bridge project has arrived!!!

John was out today to help get things organized and prepped for the weekend!!!

So if you have any time this weekend, come on out and lend a hand!!!

Officially we'll start after 9am on Saturday morning, but if you can't make it until a little later, no problem.

Parking is available at either end of the bridge, as we'll probably have the gate open on the bridge, but we'll be starting from the west side, so anyone coming from River St will have to walk the beams!

Directions: Coldwater is a pretty easy town to get around in, as there is only one main 4-way stop in the downtown, and that's where it is!!!

You can park across from the hardware store, or to come in from the west side you can head west on Sturgeon Bay Rd and go north on West St (near the beer store). There is a driveway and yellow gate at the end, come right on through, that's the new trail!

We should have all the tools that are required, so just bring your work boots a pair of gloves and all your friends and family you can beg and plea with to come with you, and voila, life will be good!!!!

Hopefully the weather will be OK, but we'll be there rain or shine....it has to get built somehow!!!

See you Saturday!!!

Thanks a bunch,

ROB

...gonna be nice weather sunday...gonna plaster the bridge with'' OC stickers''

... a driveway and yellow gate at the end, come right on through, that's the new trail!

Now I can picture it.

Way to go, group.

Just got your email the other night Rob , will try and swing by. Doing some running around today moving materials for our club.

Please keep us posted on future dates to complete.

Volunteer@baxtersnowriders.com

Paul

Just to inform you Paul its not Rob posting these updates. I just am helping out by putting the word out there.

Blake

Well in that case thanks for posting Blake , I spoke with John and Rob at AGM. I will email them

directly.

How did the work party go ?

went out today to help with bridge...to my amazement they were 3|4 done...said they had 18 people saturday out to help...great job odsc

went out today to help with bridge...to my amazement they were 3|4 done...said they had 18 people saturday out to help...great job odsc

x2 .

Way to go, all that volunteered.

Click here to find the newly added map

Welcome to the Orillia District Snowmobile Club

WOW, an Awesome Effort by All!!!

Nice job guys!!!!

So, remember what it looked like before Saturday morning....check this out!!!!

This is Sunday by NOON!!!!!

Wow, an amazing effort and congrats and thank you to all involved!!!! Definitely a job we can all be proud of!!!

I'll get more pics gathered and up in the next day or so.....but wow!!!!

We actually came up a few boards short and a ran out of nails....but by noon on Sunday, it was a good time to take a break...what a great weekend, the weather was just perfect, the volunteers were incredible, and thanks to Rivers Bar and Grill in Coldwater who helped out with a couple of Pizzas, nobody passed out from hunger!

It was an incredible effort by the entire group, it was an amazingly well choreographed display of a determined bunch of people getting together to get a job done. Many of whom, I might add, don't even own snowmobiles! People came from Whaubaushene, Barrie, Coopers Falls, even Oshawa(!) as well as our local Orillia and Coldwater areas!

With many of our volunteer crew, finding ourselves a little outside of our daily job functions, it was excellent to see everyone come together, and I might add, very hard working, as it seems many worked the day with hardly a break at all...and it was a full day....with what I'm sure for most, as well as me, a few stiff muscles and a well deserved sleep later, we're back it again on Sunday.

We had a crew of 17 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday!!! Way to go and thanks very much guys!!!!

..and in case you were wondering....yes the wood was very heavy!!!!! (Pressure Treated hemlock!)

We'll get the last of the supplies gathered and finish the last little bit up on Saturday Nov 17th. Then don't forget to check out Mike and the mighty Gilbert Groomer in the Orillia Santa Claus Parade on Sunday the 18th!!

So by all means come on out and give it a try next Saturday if you would like!!! Want to make sure we give everyone a chance you know!!!!

-------------

Take a look at the events page to see what's coming up! 

New Dates will be posted for the 2012/2013 Season.

Tentative dates for the Ride for Literacy, Sat Jan 26th and the Snowmobile Ride for Dad, Sat Feb 9, 2013!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I haven't kept everyone up-to-date lately but see ppl have been checking out our website. We are 85% complete on the decking process. For anyone interested/available we are going out again this Saturday Dec. 1 to finish things off. We had run out of lumber and are expecting more to come in from Quebec on Friday. Keep checking our website and Facebook pages for pics!

Dec. 1

9am

Meeting at the bridge--> Located in Coldwater at 4 the corners downtown.

I drove by on the weekend. Looks great!

That straight shot on the other side of the bridge is a huge improvement.

Thanks for putting time into the project.

Hello All,

Anybody get'n excited with all the white stuff out there!!!!

I know it may not last, but sure is nice to see, gets the blood pump'n doesn't it!!!

Coldwater Bridge:

We do have the rest of wood gathered up for the Coldwater Bridge, so we are going to be out Saturday to finish it off, and call that project complete!!!!

Sat Dec 1, 2012

9am - until probably noon or so

If you want to bring a hammer and a pair of gloves, you are probably all set.

We simply need to add the last 250sqr ft of top decking, the 6x6 curbs down each side and the 2 small railing sections at each end.

Then we'll be ready for a few signs and voila...we do have to put a gate up, but that doesn't have to happen before we get to use it for this year!!!!

Permits:

This is the last week for the cheaper permits for this year, so get'm while you can!

You may as well get in on the $210 price tag by Saturday, prices go up to $260 on Sunday.

Volunteers are scheduled at some of the local dealers to help out with what is hopefully a big push for permits towards the end of the week!

If anyone wanted to offer up some time and help out with writers cramp just connect up with Anna Arnold to schedule it in.

Monthly Meeting:

Reminder for the Club Meeting next Thursday Dec 6th, 7:30pm at Brian Orser Arena

Volunteering and Trails:

The trails are getting prepped, so if anyone needs help getting signs up or anything else ready for their sections of trails, just let us know and we can help redirect some volunteers.

Thanks a bunch for all your efforts!

Keep it rubber side down!

• 1 month later...

I drove by the new trail along Hwy 12 (between Coldwater and Waubeshine). The section beside Hwy 12 looks fast.

Wow!

Riders from the east can zip down the Uhthoff trail from Orillia, go thru Coldwater, follow Hwy. 12 and be on Georgian Bay in no time.

Well done.

Archived