Hearing protection

2stroke

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Never heard of tinnitus until my doctor told me what that ringing in my ear was. Now every where I turn I'm coming across someone who has it. A couple of people that worked in industrial environments, a fire chief from years of the sirens and horns on the trucks, a person who I worked with that spent most of his day inside a data centre with the constant drone of the servers. Many think they are quiet but the cooling fans of a thousand or two servers plus just the hum the electronics give off, another who worked in a bar/restaurant with a room full of noisy people and more.

It’s like a field full of crickets off in the distance in my head. Very predominant at night when it’s quiet. I can hear it more and more even during the day as the years go on. It’s around a 1-2 kHz range. Anyone can go on YouTube a listen to a full sprectrum frequency range with headphones that starts around 10hz and goes up to about 10khz. If and when you notice a point in the curve that the frequencies cancel each other out and you can’t hear the tone in either ear you will find the points where you have hearing loss. Stress, alcohol and many other things can make it worse at certain times. No cure for it yet. It’s a very common thing on the world. 

1 hour ago, 2stroke said:

We really do live in a LOUD environment. I love going up north, walking outside and hear nothing....except for that damn ringing in my ears.....it takes some time, but I noticed it does go away

You can learn to ignore it. I have but sometimes you can’t ignore it. 

16 hours ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

You can learn to ignore it. I have but sometimes you can’t ignore it. 

I sometimes say this silence is deafening.

19 hours ago, 2stroke said:

Ya, I'm also "Just an earth bound misfit I" who loves sleddin!!!!

Least you didn't reference songs or lyrics from Dark Side of the Moon LOL

2 hours ago, 2stroke said:

8 out of the 10 voices in my head are telling me to go sledding today even though the temp is -30

listen to the two dissenting voices and wait for warmer temps

3 hours ago, 2stroke said:

8 out of the 10 voices in my head are telling me to go sledding today even though the temp is -30

(I couldn't help myself LOL)

I went to the store and foolishly walked about 100 feet from the truck to the store without gloves. My hands hit the pockets going in but got damned cold carrying the bags back to the truck.

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

(I couldn't help myself LOL)

One of the best live shows you could see.

Archived