Where to stay in Bonfield

AdamGamble

Cedar Gables lodge or the Dinner bell.

Both will book up quick as they are quite small.

Cedar Gables which is a bed and breakfast is my first pick. Awesome place , awesome hosts...

The trail beside these motels Is still closed I noticed if I run about 8km of line 3 sideroad I can get to the trail any thoughts?

The trail beside these motels Is still closed I noticed if I run about 8km of line 3 sideroad I can get to the trail any thoughts?

PM BBaker on this forum. I believe he is the pres of the club that grooms those trails. He'll give you the straight goods on whats rideable.

Darcy the owner of Cedar gables is a director on the Bonfield executive... Probably best to call him.... I know they have been out packing....

I just Pm'd Bbaker, see what he says will call Darcy if needed. Thanks

Bf201 is closed from the a trail?

I PM'd Adam and gave him Darcy's email at Cedar a Gables as well as another a BSC Director.

I really can't give advice on another Club's trails during startup as I am having a tough time with our 225 Kms which is plagued with Hydro One and Loggers plowing roads/trails all across our system.

We had a District 11 meeting tonight and it is discouraging news almost District wide.

Bonfield SC is probably the best off of most of our clubs, they have been packing extensively.

Mattawa SC has opened their end of A112A.

Water levels are high almost everywhere and the little snow hasn't much body to it

Bf201 is closed from the a trail?

BF200, BF201, BF202 all closed as of now

I PM'd Adam and gave him Darcy's email at Cedar a Gables as well as another a BSC Director.

I really can't give advice on another Club's trails during startup as I am having a tough time with our 225 Kms which is plagued with Hydro One and Loggers plowing roads/trails all across our system.

We had a District 11 meeting tonight and it is discouraging news almost District wide.

Bonfield SC is probably the best off of most of our clubs, they have been packing extensively.

Mattawa SC has opened their end of A112A.

Water levels are high almost everywhere and the little snow hasn't much body to it

Thanks !

go a little further to Mattawa and ride some of the open trails around there,its not much further past bonfield, if you do stay in bonfield Cedar Gables is a great spot , they are into sledding big time ,Darcy will give you all the skinny before you head out 

go a little further to Mattawa and ride some of the open trails around there,its not much further past bonfield, if you do stay in bonfield Cedar Gables is a great spot , they are into sledding

big time ,Darcy will give you all the skinny before

you head out

X2. Never stayed there but stopped in for supper one night, while staying at the bell. Next time I will stay with them instead.

We are in Mattawa now ,lots of sleds in town, guess other people seen the green on the map too, :lol:  :lol:

more trucks and trailers pulling in here at the vailos as i type ,lots of 4 beds showing up

hoping to stay in bonfeild and ride from there very soon ,basicly when she says i can go 

NBSC Operations Manager reports tonight:

Surprisingly there is no frost anywhere. I packed swamp north of A102Q at Sand Dam last Monday . Since then we have had a few -25 night. Today we crossed with groomer but with a degree of difficulty.

Yesterday we groomed south on AD to The Portage. All wet spots/swamps that had been pre packed broke up on our way back. Pulling boulders and stumps out of the ground.

While at The Portage, we packed the trail across North Shore towards Four mile bay only to allow frost to get in the ground . The water was still laying on surface of the ground under the snow.

NBSC Operations Manager reports tonight:

Surprisingly there is no frost anywhere. I packed swamp north of A102Q at Sand Dam last Monday . Since then we have had a few -25 night. Today we crossed with groomer but with a degree of difficulty.

Yesterday we groomed south on AD to The Portage. All wet spots/swamps that had been pre packed broke up on our way back. Pulling boulders and stumps out of the ground.

While at The Portage, we packed the trail across North Shore towards Four mile bay only to allow frost to get in the ground . The water was still laying on surface of the ground under the snow.

Same problem here. No frost under the snow either. Snow is insulating everything.

This is getting very discouraging, hard on equipment and the nerves.

Too much water everywhere.

It is a shame. Hopefully the cold next week, will make a difference. Minus 20 C should stiffen things up abit for you guys!

Yes it's been a tough start, I just had a guy on our club Facebook page complaining about grooming! We work our butts off to get a few km"s open and they still complain.

Archived