Bancroft and surrounding areas

2fast4u

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has been up to bancroft and area in the last few days? We are heading up there Friday till monday and was wondering on how the trails are? Tomorrow's weather looks like a mixed bag. talk to the hotel and he said today was suppose to be warmer than it was so he was hoping the same for tm and maybe it will be all snow. He also said some sledders were saying that mud is coming through in spots, I'm just wondering how bad it may be? We were up there a couple of weekends ago and the trails were great but they haven't had much snow since. Any info would be great.Thanks.

We rode up to Lake St Peter & back on Sat'. The railbed was good from LSP to L'Amable.

I trailered up on Sunday and conditions were great! Probably heading up again on Saturday if conditions allow. Fingers crossed!!!

keep an eye on the Porterville Diner blog from Lake St. Peter

Lots of great real updates.

http://portervillediner.blogspot.com/

Awesome thanks guys. hoping for a great three days of riding. We went from 8 of us going to 4 but it will still be a great time. I'm riding a Yamaha Nytro blue and white with #89 on the sides the other 3 guys are riding revs. If you see us say hi. Thanks again and keep the rubber side down.

keep an eye on the Porterville Diner blog from Lake St. Peter

Lots of great real updates.

http://portervillediner.blogspot.com/

Wow, i love this blog. Bookmarked!

So i'm guessing the trails and conditions held up well since it sounds like they got more snow than rain??? Heading up tomorrow morning if thats the case.

Drop in and say hi to Nancy! Food is great at Porterville and she is great to talk to in real life too! If you are not familiar with their location, they are just across the road from the main rail trail at lake St. Peter.

Road sections are forget it and that sun high in the sky last 2 days took its toll.

E trail was fresh groomed this morning (thank you) but so very soft.

Spring like conditions. Snirt and rocks coming through wherever sun hits them.

Rail trails likely held up but it sure felt like it was game over today.

Without more snow and cold its just about done here.

Damn I was hoping to head that way Thursday but they are saying +4c all week.

I'm ready to get the bike out. But it still needs a chain and new tires before its ready.

Put 200km on today.

Unloaded in Gilmore and ran E106 to E to Coehill and picked up 930 back to E106 to Bancroft for lunch.

After lunch ran E over to 938 trying to get to Limerick Lake, got turned around 2 or 3 times and found 960 but they are logging on it and it's just a mud trail. Ended up turning around and heading back to E trail and back to E106.

Picked up 950 from E106 and tried to back track from Limerick Lake to see if I could find a good trail but it was getting late and the sun was going down so I turned back after crossing the lake and headed back to the car.

Other 960 the trails are in great shape, lots of snow.

Where do I go from Limerick Lake trail to head north to E trail? The 900s trails east of Bancroft where a lot of fun and I'd rather run those than the rail bed when heading north.

Archived