260 miles from Timmons to Sportsman Club

Shivesy

The wife and I left the Cedar Meadows Resort in Timmons this morning at 9:45. The trails out of town were just awesome for 25 miles then they turn to very bumpy for the next 10 miles. I was glad to get out of that part of the trail. I stood up for the last 5 miles of that section to ease the ride.

Then the trails were just awesome until about 8 miles before 3 Bears. That 8 miles before 3 Bears is a single 4 wheeler trail through deep woods and some lake crossongs that are staked. We left 3 Bears after a grilled cheese sandwich and noodle soup. I think we had logged on 150 miles from Timmons to 3 Bears.

3 bears to The Sportsmans Lodge was another 110 miles and we arrived here right at (6:30) dinner time. I'm sure you guys are used to higher mileage days but to be honest with ya, thats the most I've done in 1 day. We are both tired and I'm gonna go snuggle with my sweety. Goodnight

Based on this report, I'd assume the C trail from Timmins to Matagami is in good shape then?

The wife and I left the Cedar Meadows Resort in Timmons this morning at 9:45. The trails out of town were just awesome for 25 miles then they turn to very bumpy for the next 10 miles. I was glad to get out of that part of the trail. I stood up for the last 5 miles of that section to ease the ride.

Looking at the OFSC guide, that looks like maybe where Timmins trails end and Gogama trails start. It is at the very top of the Gogama system. I wonder if they had equipment problems. When we went thru there a couple of years ago, there was a spot at the top of there area that was gnarly due to groomer not being able to get up a hill on the powerline and no way around it for him. can't remember the distance tho.

Note to other riders, when we went thru there that time, the hill was very rough & icy. Be carefull when negotiating it.

Archived