RAIN

i lv 2 snowmobile

We are screwed. Too much rain coming to fast and more rain by the weekend. Saying by march 2 temps will be like 8 degrees. Oh well I put on 2500km and never trailered once. Can't complain about that. Weird year and can only hope next year will be better. If I can't ride let the sun and warm temps come out, so I can use the lawn mower LOL.

Think positive. March 2 is a long ways away, that forcast will change many time. Last I heard, there is to be snow to follow this rain and be stormy tomorrow. Lets hope for snow!

It will get cold quick. You can expect this by about 6-10am Monday morning. There will be snow for most of southwestern ontario.

Don't trust the weathernetwork for long range. The GFS doesn't work after about 7 days anyway and that's what they use. The GFS has already gone back to temperatures below zero for march.

We are screwed. Too much rain coming to fast and more rain by the weekend. Saying by march 2 temps will be like 8 degrees. Oh well I put on 2500km and never trailered once. Can't complain about that. Weird year and can only hope next year will be better. If I can't ride let the sun and warm temps come out, so I can use the lawn mower LOL.

Steve; There is still a pile of snow here. It will take a lot more than a day of rain to kill this base. My prediction is that we will still ride to our club meeting Tues. night! Think positive, it's only the middle of Feb. ;) Hopefully the rain will keep everyone off the trails today and they will get hard again tomorrow! :right_on:

Sounds like your season hasn't been too bad so far! When I got home from Wiarton yesterday I had just over 4800km for the season so far and I haven't put the sled in the trailer yet either! :woot:

Yup I can get gas stations, hotels,motels,food,hospital locations,police, shopping centres, etc. Everything you need to know. I got my automotive one which is the novi 250 from garmin for 200 bucks on boxing day. Only lasts about four hours on the battery though. So I only turn it on when I need to find something or mark my spot. Really handy having street software. Saved my butt a few times.

I can't believe the idiots out riding today. I saw a group of 5 go by my place wearing clear plastic garbage bags over their suits. Oh, by the way, after the riders used the trail today, it is now back down to the mud! I guess they need someone to explain to them that if you stay off the trail on the mild days, the base will hold up better & there will be better sledding sooner when the snow comes back.

Give these garbage bag riders a break....maybe they were on a weekend trip and just trying to get home. That happened to me a few years back on my way home from Port Elgin to Wyoming on a rainy Sunday. It sucks. Then again they could have been local idiots too...never know I guess. :wtf:

Didn't see any luggage although maybe they travel only with a bar of deodorant.

Nine of us were on our weekend trip and had no choice but to make our way back to listowel. Rode in the rain got wet not exactly what we had planned but like I said we had no choice and we only seen mabye five or six sleds all day. we weren't trying to destroy the trails but what were we to do????? if you would like give us your number and next time we will give you a call and you can come pick us up. would be eaiser for us.

Well, to be honest, I think it was quite clear as of Wednesday that SUnday would be +5C with rain. This is why I planned to do my riding beforehand. I don't think that's much of an excuse to be honest with you. I could see if the storm took a shift at the last minute when you had already left, but it didn't.

I'm sorry a little bit of rain and milder temps aren't going to stop me from riding when I have the chance. The forcast called for single digit temps and light rain/freezing rain with a significant temperature drop to follow with snow. It would be different if the forcast was similar to the big January thaw earlier this year with multiple days of rain and double digit temps. I put on over 250km on Sunday in the rain, sure I got wet, but the trails held up just fine. In fact they were better on the way back than on the way out. A couple of spots didn't fare too well but that wouldn't be any different with or without a few sleds through them. In short, WHEN THERE'S SNOW I GO.

Hey i lv 2 snowmobile yes our trip home was good we still had a ton of fun even though we were wet the trails were in great shape the clud did an awesome job always impressed by this area it is nice too see they really do care still about there trails.

Did you get out? I seen a couple of sleds In port Elgin at the super 8 was that you? Later

I'm sorry a little bit of rain and milder temps aren't going to stop me from riding when I have the chance. The forcast called for single digit temps and light rain/freezing rain with a significant temperature drop to follow with snow. It would be different if the forcast was similar to the big January thaw earlier this year with multiple days of rain and double digit temps. I put on over 250km on Sunday in the rain, sure I got wet, but the trails held up just fine. In fact they were better on the way back than on the way out. A couple of spots didn't fare too well but that wouldn't be any different with or without a few sleds through them. In short, WHEN THERE'S SNOW I GO.

That's a great way to destroy winter wheat.

Archived