Ice Caves

b-bry

Has anyone been out to the Ice Caves this year? I believe they're out at the end of AL301. Am I correct? We're planning a ride out that way tomorrow.

Has anyone been out to the Ice Caves this year? I believe they're out at the end of AL301. Am I correct? We're planning a ride out that way tomorrow.

Yes, they are at the far end of AL301. We were out there 3 weekends ago, and the trail itself was great, but the small lake you have to cross at the end to get over to the Ice Caves was VERY slushy, and there were hardly any "caves" to peak of, presumably because it's been such a poor winter for ice formation. But AL301 is a relatively short and pleasant ride, even if you don't get to see much ice formation.

I personally have not been there this year - but 2 weekends ago we had friends up here at the cottage that made the trip. The trail was in great shape and because of all the warmer weather the Ice Caves were spectacular - the took pics and the blue/green colours were awesome! I don't have them to post here...but they were the nicest I have seen in a long time :)

BTW...snowing here now...already a few inches of new fresh snow on the trails here in Kearney :) WHOOOHOOOOOOOOO!

Archived