"C" Trail re-route between Shining Tree & Mattagami?

30cal4me

This question is mainly directed at Kelly from 3 Bears, but anyone can chime in with pertinent information. Our last day of our trip has us leaving Timmins and ending up in Gowganda. Our 2 choices are to (a) head east from Timmins and then South on the "A" trail to Kenogami, Elk Lk, etc to Gowganda or (B) head south from Timmins on the "C" trail passing thru Mattagami and Shining Tree before ending up in Gowganda.

Option (B) is probably about 20-30 miles shorter, but involves the re-route between Shining Tree & Mattagami.

Kelly, what kind of feedback are getting from the sledders regarding this portion of the "C" trail?

Hi there

Anyone who has taken that re route in the last couple years really likes it. It will be groomed Friday and the signs are all up and the lake staked. Gogama I beleive will be doing their part by the end of the week also,

If you need any more info regarding this, let me know.

Kelly

Hi Kelly

Will you have gas as usual. Thinking of making a run from Sudbury to elk lake in a few weeks. We always stop in for food and drinks. We always ride mid week and never in a rush.

Hi Kelly

Will you have gas as usual. Thinking of making a run from Sudbury to elk lake in a few weeks. We always stop in for food and drinks. We always ride mid week and never in a rush.

Yes, we have gas and there is a gas station in town at Spruce Shilling also......see you when you come up

Option (B) is probably about 20-30 miles shorter, but involves the re-route between Shining Tree & Mattagami.

We've got the GPS track for that area, so it shouldn't be a problem. Lot's of it was that forest access road north of 560. I think the stretch along 560 was easy going as well.

Archived