sledding in huntsville, where to?

andrew1984

There is d101b. Can park in deer hurst parking lot for free. Head north or south from there, I have stayed at the comfort inn too and crossed fairy lake. If you don't know this lake stay off.

i ended up parking at the ultramar just off hwy 11 and alongside the trails. good spot as well

thats where we drop & ride...very ez

Thinking about heading up this week-end to a friend of a friends cottage just west of Hunstville, will it be worth it?

I heard there is plenty of snow but also heard it is hard packed and icy?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

The interactive trail guide this morning shows that DYWSC has staked Fairy Lake. Any of you Huntsville locals or ASC members know if and when the club is going to stake Pen Lake or LOB?

The club executive has decided in the interest of safety, ASC will not be stakingy Penn Lake or Lake of Bays this season as the ice thickness is extremely inconsistent this winter. The temperatures continue to have large swings which adds to the clubs concern for the safety of ALL riders.

Thanks for the input DRX. Anyone been running Pen and LOB and can comment on their condition?

We have been on Penn and LOB the last couple weekends.

Still some open water around South Portage looks like a bubbler and Penn is rough with some pressure cracks.

If you don't know don't go. If you must use it be sure to stay on the beaten path.

:right_on:

Archived