Dinner Bell Restaurant and Motel

SlowTouringGuy

Dinner Bell Restaurant and Motel

4 531 Hwy

Bonfield, ON P0H 1E0

(705) 776-2224

Number 48 on the District 11 Map

For those driving, it is right on the corner of Highway 17 and Highway 531. Plenty of parking and places to leave your trailers.

For those on sleds, it is on trail 201 just minutes away from the A trail. Or A2 depending on what your map tells you.

Rooms are spacious and the beds very comfortable. I lost the receipt (twit that I am) but I think it was $79 for the room for the night for the two of us.

Debbie Shank is a gracious hostess and more than welcoming. We were running late and she called while we were on the highway, concerned that we were in trouble or had lost our way and was there to greet us on our arrival. It seems that there are a few family members involved in the business in addition to Debbie and her Husband. Wonderful people !

The licensed restaurant is fantastic. Not lots of seats, so don’t get there late. From the crowds that show up, it is apparent that word has spread. Their menu is varied (including senior’s portions), the food is delicious, the prices are very fair and the portions are “ample” (!)

This is the “small” poutine:

IMG_1760.jpg

Deserts are awesome !

There are some terrific loops to take from this location so it is a good spot to book in for a while and take day trips.

It is also ideally located for a jump off spot on a saddle-bag tour.

I would definitely return to the Dinner Bell !

OH ! And don’t forget the warm date square.

IMG-20120126-00467.jpg

Ginger ale in the photo? Whose food were you taking pictures of?

(great review of the Dinner Bell :right_on: )

Ginger ale in the photo? Whose food were you taking pictures of?

(great review of the Dinner Bell :right_on: )

I would say the STG already stole some fries off that plate. Tisk Tisk. You are correct about the Dinner Bell. They are a super couple that REALLY know how to treat people.

I would say the STG already stole some fries off that plate. Tisk Tisk. You are correct about the Dinner Bell. They are a super couple that REALLY know how to treat people.

:oops: :oops: There are quite a few missing, aren't there? :oops: :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there gas in Bonfield? hours?

Archived