Interesting - Longlac trails open?

Canuck

Will the Greenstone Loop be open this year?

I was viewing the Interactive Guide (in response to something 14Snow mentioned re: Luc and Reg's efforts on the F Trail) and I noticed that there are sections west of Hornepayne that are Open.

"A" trail, through Geraldton, to A109 and then another section beginning in Nakina Moraine Provincial Park. This is part of the Greenstone Loop.

Were these areas open last year? Will they be open this year? (meaning, the 'still closed/red" trails - plans to open this year?)

Doesn't make sense to have just those two 30 km sections open, if the trail to them is closed. Does it? (shortsighted on my part - of course, there are local riders, and they should have every right to create, maintain and ride trails in their area).

Anyhow - Greenstone Loop and access from the east. Opening?

post-19774-0-95151500-1326233805_thumb.jpg

Will the Greenstone Loop be open this year?

I was viewing the Interactive Guide (in response to something 14Snow mentioned re: Luc and Reg's efforts on the F Trail) and I noticed that there are sections west of Hornepayne that are Open.

"A" trail, through Geraldton, to A109 and then another section beginning in Nakina Moraine Provincial Park. This is part of the Greenstone Loop.

Were these areas open last year? Will they be open this year? (meaning, the 'still closed/red" trails - plans to open this year?)

Doesn't make sense to have just those two 30 km sections open, if the trail to them is closed. Does it? (shortsighted on my part - of course, there are local riders, and they should have every right to create, maintain and ride trails in their area).

Anyhow - Greenstone Loop and access from the east. Opening?

We took a trip up there last year and they were open. We stayed in Hillsport along the way. I have been waiting to see when it all opens. May be conditions holding it up or lots of trees down?

I hope it opens. I want to take another run up there this year.

We did the loop I think in '09. Stayed @ the Crown & Anchor Motel in Geraldton.

Sweet.

Looks like an 'out of the way' area. :D

Sweet.

Looks like an 'out of the way' area. :D

Yeah, you're pretty much @ "the edge of the world" up there. Same feeling when we rode from Longlac down to M'wadge. A long way from home.

Archived