Six Star Snow Riders Trail 7

Does anyone know the fate of Trail 7 in the Six Star Snow Riders area? I found the following site and tried emailing jamesdpool@aol.com but got no reply.

http://www.pssd.ca/index.php?nPage=2&nClub=7

I know there are currently some trees down on that trail heading south towards C102D:

post-21472-0-15252600-1326156695_thumb.jpeg

I'm curious; will it no longer connect to the C102D with the remapping?

Does anyone know the fate of Trail 7 in the Six Star Snow Riders area? I found the following site and tried emailing jamesdpool@aol.com but got no reply.

http://www.pssd.ca/i...nPage=2&nClub=7

I know there are currently some trees down on that trail heading south towards C102D:

post-21472-0-15252600-1326156695_thumb.jpeg

I'm curious; will it no longer connect to the C102D with the remapping?

Best to send an email to the Six Star club of the pssd if you can't find it email me and I will forward it.

Will do, thanks @Wildbill

Anyone know if there has been action on any of these trails? Last week there were still trees down blocking even the bigger trails like C102D. It didn't look like anyone had been on the trails since last year.

Good question, and we look forward to an update.

The internet is funny - even the suggestion that a trail's 'iffy' may lead folks to ride in other areas.

Good question, and we look forward to an update.

The internet is funny - even the suggestion that a trail's 'iffy' may lead folks to ride in other areas.

It doesn't seem like there are a lot of SSSR folks around. Did the club decide to take the year off, or is it just not a very active one?

It doesn't seem like there are a lot of SSSR folks around. Did the club decide to take the year off, or is it just not a very active one?

They are around and just need more snow from my understanding.

Trail 7 was pretty much impassable this summer due to logging on part of the trail just south of Hwy 612. Trees were removed from the trail in the fall but not since November. The bridge at the south end of the trail needs work and funds were not made available for this winter. It will be opened this winter when snow conditions allow. However it is not a top priority as it doesn't connect to anywhere on the north end as of yet... Hope this helps. Think snow.!!!!!

Trail 7 was pretty much impassable this summer due to logging on part of the trail just south of Hwy 612. Trees were removed from the trail in the fall but not since November. The bridge at the south end of the trail needs work and funds were not made available for this winter. It will be opened this winter when snow conditions allow. However it is not a top priority as it doesn't connect to anywhere on the north end as of yet... Hope this helps. Think snow.!!!!!

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum. Please come back and post often.

That's great, thank you and welcome to the forum!

just got back from a ride on some of the six star trails. We need more snow before grooming can commence. I took the chainsaw and removed all the trees and brush from trail 7 and all the local trails out to the cove. Creeks and some swamps are still running and we need some cold weather ! Hopefully this weekend will give us the conditions we have been hunting for! Cross your fingers!

Good Luck!

just got back from a ride on some of the six star trails. We need more snow before grooming can commence. I took the chainsaw and removed all the trees and brush from trail 7 and all the local trails out to the cove. Creeks and some swamps are still running and we need some cold weather ! Hopefully this weekend will give us the conditions we have been hunting for! Cross your fingers!

Thanks for the update, and trail clearing.

TONS of water still out in the bush and on the trails. It's amazing how much is still out there and how much is still running ! UGLY !

Things are changing by the hour. Was out with the industrial groomers this afternoon and laid down some pretty sweet tracks. The snow is coming down and the temp. Is dropping! I would think by the weekend riding will be underway in six star country!

Things are changing by the hour. Was out with the industrial groomers this afternoon and laid down some pretty sweet tracks. The snow is coming down and the temp. Is dropping! I would think by the weekend riding will be underway in six star country!

Good stuff! I see Trail 12 is limited now, that's great!

Thank you for the work on Trail 7! I was out there on the weekend. It was depressing to see all the running water on Friday, but by Saturday night, everything was rock solid with the colder temps.

The bridge at the south end of the trail needs work and funds were not made available for this winter.

Any idea how much we're talking about to get it passable?

Good to hear SixStar56 ! The two nights of minus 24 sure helped but we slid back a little yesterday. The swamp water is still high but yesterday's slide actually helped by bringing snow cover back down to wet on the water and then last night's minus 14 helped tighten things a little. Still, not sure a groomer is crossing some of this "stuff". THEN... for some of these pre-cambrian shield trails we need another 2 feet of snow. argh !

Good stuff! I see Trail 12 is limited now, that's great!

Thank you for the work on Trail 7! I was out there on the weekend. It was depressing to see all the running water on Friday, but by Saturday night, everything was rock solid with the colder temps.

We will get it done by next week. I am going to take a small drag down trail 7 this afternoon if this blizzard lets up.... J.

Any idea how much we're talking about to get it passable?

Ran the drag down trail7 from 612 to curling club road this afternoon. Snow was good and it should be a nice flat ride for the weekend. I also groomed over to the cove including the swamp just south of the graveyard in Mactier. Today's snow was a welcome addition!

Archived