Need a little travel assistance...

sledderdan

Wondering if this works... (most of my group wants to avoid any ice crossings at all costs.) There are 6 of us. Sat am to Tuesday pm...

Parking in Bracebridge, and spending first night there before heading out on trails... any accomodation recommendations?

Wanting to head North, either through Parry Sound and North to Killarney/ or head North to North Bay and beyond. I love that A trail!

Which way is best? (keep in mind the ice...staked or not!)

I assume gas and motels are fairly easy to find in either direction?

Thanks!

We always ride in Dist 9 and I convinced them to ...think outside of the box. Or at least the corn feilds.

Parking in Bracebridge, and spending first night there before heading out on trails... any accomodation recommendations?

The Riverside Inn treated us right when we took our OC Ride for Kelly there ... would highly recommend.

And they're right by the river :P ... and the trail's right across the road.

Have a great trip and take lots of pics!

There is also the Sleep Inn right on the 'D' trail. Next to Kelsey's and the Purple Pig; across the street from the LCBO and Beer Store and next to the Canadian Tire.

The information I have is that getting from Parry Sound to Killarney is not an unchallenging task this year. We've cancelled that part of our winter trip due to conditions we've seen reported.

There is also the Sleep Inn right on the 'D' trail. Next to Kelsey's and the Purple Pig; across the street from the LCBO and Beer Store and next to the Canadian Tire.

The information I have is that getting from Parry Sound to Killarney is not an unchallenging task this year. We've cancelled that part of our winter trip due to conditions we've seen reported.

Ditto...we made the same change in our saddle-bag route plans for the same reason. Reports indicate sections of "C" are still closed around the Pickerel and French River bridges.

Unfortunately, going up the east side (Hwy. 11 corridor) doesn't look much better..."D" between South River and Powassan is in a mess too (long ungroomed (closed?) section due to water on the trail from the January thaw), requiring lots of road running to get around it.

Ditto...we made the same change in our saddle-bag route plans for the same reason. Reports indicate sections of "C" are still closed around the Pickerel and French River bridges.

Unfortunately, going up the east side (Hwy. 11 corridor) doesn't look much better..."D" between South River and Powassan is in a mess too (long ungroomed (closed?) section due to water on the trail from the January thaw), requiring lots of road running to get around it.

Thanks for the assistance.

We booked at the Howard Johnson in Gravenhurst...plan on riding more North/East now. Hope the B trail works out.

I checked reports about the trail conditions listed, and you are right.

Thanks for the assistance.

We booked at the Howard Johnson in Gravenhurst...plan on riding more North/East now. Hope the B trail works out.

I checked reports about the trail conditions listed, and you are right.

Not a bad plan. HoJo works. The B trail will be a little 'limited' from 3 to Wood Lake, but you should be in pretty good shape from there.

Sledderdan,

Great to run into your crew on Sunday night in Bracebridge. Thanks for the beverages and the funny stories. I am including a pic of our run off the gps from Friday morning until Sunday night after we got soaked. Does not show the trip up from Beaverton because the gps operator (me) forgot to turn it on until we were lost for the first time.

We sledded to Gravenhurst Monday morning where we had a friend pick us up in the truck.

Tell all the boys we say hello from the states and stay out of the rhubbarb!

Jim

786_7756dc415db04f07871b6d0c42fc27c0

Slightly better image of the gps tracks

febontrun.JPG

Archived