Cochrane Trip Jan 6,7,8,9,10

carman80

Hello Everyone,

Long time reader but decided to it was time to join the forum and reach out and ask you experienced guys for some help. I am planning a trip with 4 guys for next week(5 riders total). We are driving up form the GTA on Friday Jan 6th and riding Jan 7th - 10th and then back home. We were hoping to do a really big loop in the four days of riding starting in Cochrane to Kap to Hearst to Wawa to Timmins and then back to Cochrane. Is this loop even going to be possible by next week? I see on the OFSC guide that all southern trails from Wawa to Timmins are still RED. If this loop is not possible plan B is Cochrane to Wawa then back to Cochrane; is this loop going to be possible? I see some trails are RED from Kap to Hearst. I also need some advice on best places to stay along the route, best places to gas up, and best places for food and night life. We are all experienced riders and early risers so we have no problem doing 400+ km a day. We are definitely going to visit Groomer Guy when in Dubreuilville but other then that no definite plans.

I am looking forward to everybody's help and advice.

Carman80

trails should be in good shape in another week for sure....westway in cochrane is ok....super 8 in kap....great....companion in hearst is good too...

From kap to cochrane how far is it? is there good food Thier too?

Check the link in my sig' for comprehensive motel & mileage info.

In Hearst we usually stay @ the Companion. A last minute change 1 year resulted us in staying @ the Villa beside the Husky truck stop.

In Kap' we used to stay @ the Apollo, but the amenities had suffered the last 2 times so we looked elsewhere. The last trip we stayed @ the Park Inn Motel. Nice basic motel. Close to the Beer Store. The Super 8 is also trail accessible beside the A&W & Shell truck stop.

When in Cochrane we usually park & ride from Lillabelle Lodge. But have also stayed at the Thriftlodge @ the south end of town. The restaurant next door is good.

Double post.

Thanks, that is a great site, I bookmarked it in my I-Phone. Really going to be handy this year, I plan on doing a lot of high mileage tours.

Thanks again!

Where exactly are they located?

They are in Cochrane but I can't remember the trail number. Check with the hotel. They should have the info.

Archived