Snowmobile Insurance

Turbo Doo

It only covers you, if you go thru on a legal ice trail, though???

Pretty sure it is marked trails only, otherwise they wouldn't offer it for 6 bucks.

You are already paying for Comp. insurance. It is just a small additional endorsement. A lot like when you buy a new vehicle and get the additional waiver of depreciation. My truck lists out at $63,000 and I think it was about $20 more per year for a full payout of replacement cost for the first two years. I read my sled policy and it doesn't refer to only marked ice trails. However when I do run the ice that is essentially what I do is the stake lines.

On the ice, don't go where you don't know. One spot can be three feet thick and a few feet away one inch thick or even open water.

• 2 weeks later...

TD 100%

1) $174 for the 03 MXZ

2) I have both cars, truck, ATV, Motorcycle and my house with them

3) Always seem to get people that a secure command of the english language on the phone...which is very nice

4) they actually called me and asked if they can go over the insurance package I have to try and save me money...you know what they did

TD, for me, has beem great

TD 100%

1) $174 for the 03 MXZ

2) I have both cars, truck, ATV, Motorcycle and my house with them

3) Always seem to get people that a secure command of the english language on the phone...which is very nice

4) they actually called me and asked if they can go over the insurance package I have to try and save me money...you know what they did

TD, for me, has beem great

good news an insurance company that does care !

TD has been great for me too. If you have a professional designation you can get additional discounts too.

TD has been great for me too. If you have a professional designation you can get additional discounts too.

Absolutely, but in many cases that puts u with TD Meloche Monnex (sp?) which ironically is based on TD, which is based on Security National...

Hope TD handles claims better on sleds than they do on cars. My sister got royally screwed by TD when her parked car was hit and runned. 5 months of calls and faxes and letters and legal threats and she still got screwed over, they argued the repair costs for weeks and then she got a rate increase with her renewal because it was deemed a collision claim and held against her. BS if you ask me.

TD has been good to me for the last 3 years in a row. My rate has been the same, almost dollar for dollar. However, this year they raised it by $20... No big deal, right? I called them anyways to find out why... Apparantly there has been more claims in my "designated area" so my premium has increased. The guy was polite on the phone and actually suggested I call around since there was nothing they could do. So long story short, that's what I did and TD's rate was still cheaper than their competitors by close to $50. Just wrote my check to them the other day.

Gotta pay to play I guess...

Hope TD handles claims better on sleds than they do on cars. My sister got royally screwed by TD when her parked car was hit and runned. 5 months of calls and faxes and letters and legal threats and she still got screwed over, they argued the repair costs for weeks and then she got a rate increase with her renewal because it was deemed a collision claim and held against her. BS if you ask me.

Wow never heard of anyone having problems like this before. I had a girl friend that was with td. Car was wrote off in an accident. Repair cost exceeded value of the vehicle. They low balled the value of vehicle, so we denied to settle claim. Week later we get another phone call and they upped the value by 1200. So we took that, since it was fair. Never had a problem with raising rates either. I guess every case in different.

Absolutely, but in many cases that puts u with TD Meloche Monnex (sp?) which ironically is based on TD, which is based on Security National...

You are right. I am very satisfied with TD (Meloche Monnex).

Wow never heard of anyone having problems like this before. I had a girl friend that was with td. Car was wrote off in an accident. Repair cost exceeded value of the vehicle. They low balled the value of vehicle, so we denied to settle claim. Week later we get another phone call and they upped the value by 1200. So we took that, since it was fair. Never had a problem with raising rates either. I guess every case in different.

I've never had a problem with TD and have been with them since they took over Liberty Mutual. We had our house broken into and a lot of things stolen. We gave them a list and approximate replacement cost. They gave us a cheque for $5,000.00 and said keep the receipts and if you find yourself being close to having used up the $5k then let them know, send an itemization and they will take care of us. We did and they did. Had a couple of minor vehicle claims as well without any problems. As for what is collision etc. there are strict rules they have to follow.

This one surprised me. If you are driving down the highway and a ladder comes off the roof of a truck in front of you and hits your car is it collision or comprehensive. Both. If it comes off and hits the road then your car it is collision. If it comes off and while it is still airborne then it is comprehensive. See what I mean about rules. They aren't just TD rules they are insurance rules.

Same thing goes for hitting transport truck tires. Stupid government rules.

Archived