Away for the weekend to Camp Horizon

shawnj

Came up late Thursday and leaving Monday. Tried the fishing but only caught and released a couple real nice bass,(not in season yet). No luck with the pickeral but they are here and so are some nice Musky I guess. Went on atvs the other day and came down to a beaver damm and there was a nice moose standing alone feeding. A bit too far for a decent pic but I got one on my phone before it walked off. Seen a couple grouse acting and sounding real weird. We believed it was trying to draw us away from little ones. Last nite seen a bear while out driving the logging roads. Lots of trails up here to enjoy too and nice spot to stay.

Yup was a good few days, too short as always. Rained a bit but we had fun anyways. Camp Horizon is near Field located on Muskosung Lake, which is about 20mins north of Sturgeon Falls, and an hour from North Bay. Have been going for 11yrs I think now, for a week in fall, a week in winter(usually)and a few days during the early summer. Also seen a moose on drive home too. Lots of places to tour up there but need to trailer atvs to the begining of the logging roads. You can look them up on the internet, they have a good website. Search for Camp Horizon Field.

Archived