New Liskeard update

Proxrider

Looking for an update on New Liskeard area heading North. Plan on making a trip up early next week and wanted advice as if I should be trailering further North.

Would like to ride a couple of 300 mile days if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks

Ok guys, need some input.

What is mileage from New Liskeard to Smooth Rock if you take A111C to Timmins and then C up to Smooth Rock?

Is there any issues with fuel at 85-100 miles per tank?

What are recommended accomodations in Smooth Rock?

I'm heading up to Timmins tommorrow, was hoping to go back to New Liskeard as the wife likes the pool and hot-tup at the Quality Inn but all the reading i've been doing indicates the snow is pretty thin there.

I have been hearing the same about NL. Sounds like going to Kirkland Lake is the popular choice.

Just rode from Kirkland Lake to Cochrane, around the Canyon loop and back to Cochrane before my sled let me down.

Not enough snow in New Liskeard. Very thin... trails are open but I wouldn't want to ride on them... Just enough snow to get by if you HAD to ride them. 6 inches to a foot of fresh snow would do the trick.

Snow conditions are great in Kirkland Lake.. trails were smooth and in excellent condition all the way to Cochrane.. one small area between Kirkland and Cochrane had less snow but it is easily passable and the snow ramps back up quickly as you approach Cochrane.

The Abitibi Canyon loop was in excellent condition with the exception of the plowed road which runs for about 20 km... easily passable as long as the temps stay below freezing. The rest of the loop was in great shape. Fuel was $2.40 a litre and great hospitality from the folks at Base Camp.

I'm heading back to Kirkland in a few weeks to do it all again..

Have fun!

Thanks for the update! Heading up that way on Friday.

Sorry to hear about the sled, but sounds like you'll be back in no time.

Archived