Zrtkat & crew in Wawa

zrtkat

Hello everyone we had quite a experience today :icon_doh: the trails are terrible from the soo to halfway haven it beat me up so bad :icon_doh: I was out of energy when we got to halfway haven .

This picture was taken right down the street from the watertower inn it started out looking pretty decent but the conditions worsened as we went on due to lack of grooming

saultstemarietowawa2-21-2011003.jpg

saultstemarietowawa2-21-2011005.jpg

pics south of halfway haven

saultstemarietowawa2-21-2011005.jpg

pic from halfway haven group of 25 sleds on tour ahead of us

saultstemarietowawa2-21-2011017.jpg

THANK-YOU WAWA SNOW RIDERS YOU SAVED MY DAY MONDAY

saultstemarietowawa2-21-2011019.jpg

we had a group of 25 sleds in front of us from Decker tours they are also here in Wawa with us. we stopped gas up and took a break there we are thankful the trails are alot better on the Wawa side thank you Wawa snow riders i do not think i would have made it to wawa if the trails where all beat up.

We are in Wawa now relaxing we do not know what to expect tommorrow because our plan was to go to chapleau And the way it sounds the trails might be beaten up so we are going to Chapleau and then if the trails are the same and no snow in forecast we might just cut our trip short and head back to the soo after chapleau.

Hopefully things will Improve tommorrow We really want to ride I think I am beat up and tired and dissapointed after todays ride but I am thankful to the Wawa snow riders because the ride from halfway to wawa was quite enjoyable I think the bad trails just beat me up too bad.

Maybe after a good nights rest will feel better tommorrow

will try to post some pics in morning too tired to deal with it right now.

Goodnight to all

hope to have better report tommorow

zrtkat & crew

THE CREW THINKS I AM GETTING TOO OLD FOR SNOWMOBILING .LOL.

Actually you were semi for-warned of that possability. With the warm weather S of Wawa it would seem that to have been the cause of the bad trails. ??? Many sleds hitting it the warm days a few days ago? Now cooled back off and needs a groomer aggin. ???

I would expect that if you continue to head north you should be fine. East could git you in trouble if they were low on snow AND warmed up a bit. ???

I always feel better at least when I'm heading north. :icon_naughty:

The bit I rode south of halfway was bad Saturday. I could imagine what it was like today especially after a big group in front of you.

Our D North is great to hawk junction but after that was groomed in +7c in the pouring rain so it didnt' lay down so smooth. The groomer was supposed to go tonight. I'm not sure if it did or not though.

Once you get to Dalton the ride from there to chapleau is awesome. Not sure how much snow they got sunday. Maybe there would be enough to take the highway from missinabie to dalton?

Hello everyone we had quite a experience today :icon_doh: the trails are terrible from the soo to halfway haven it beat me up so bad :icon_doh: I was out of energy when we got to halfway haven .

we had a group of 25 sleds in front of us from Decker tours they are also here in Wawa with us. we stopped gas up and took a break there we are thankful the trails are alot better on the Wawa side thank you Wawa snow riders i do not think i would have made it to wawa if the trails where all beat up.

We are in Wawa now relaxing we do not know what to expect tommorrow because our plan was to go to chapleau And the way it sounds the trails might be beaten up so we are going to Chapleau and then if the trails are the same and no snow in forecast we might just cut our trip short and head back to the soo after chapleau.

Hopefully things will Improve tommorrow We really want to ride I think I am beat up and tired and dissapointed after todays ride but I am thankful to the Wawa snow riders because the ride from halfway to wawa was quite enjoyable I think the bad trails just beat me up too bad.

Goodnight to all

zrtkat & crew

Goodnight to all

zrtkat & crew

Hi ZRTKAT,

Did you ride from the Water Tower or did you Trailer to Searchmont?

The trip would have been brutal getting to Searchmont from the city and made the trip twice as bad getting to Halfway.

Jonesy said that the "D" Trail he rode south of Halfway was bad and needed grooming.

If it is not groomed before thursday, I might trailer up to Wawa and skip the Soo.

Thanks for the report!

Hi ZRTKAT,

Did you ride from the Water Tower or did you Trailer to Searchmont?

The trip would have been brutal getting to Searchmont from the city and made the trip twice as bad getting to Halfway.

Jonesy said that the "D" Trail he rode south of Halfway was bad and needed grooming.

If it is not groomed before thursday, I might trailer up to Wawa and skip the Soo.

Thanks for the report!

'AC+YA'

Yes we started from the watertower Inn now the trails are rough from no grooming yes the snow level is down but there is snow to groom they just have not been done.

I was told they have not been groomed in 2 weeks true or false do not know but i know the trail is rough.

now I emailed the sault club they emailed me back this morning and said the trails will be up-graded to open today now that might mean they are going to groom I hope.

All I know that the Wawa snow riders saved my day monday as there trails are awesome

I will be up-dating my report in a hour or so with my trail report for today.

we are in chapleau now.

zrtkat

'AC+YA'

Yes we started from the watertower Inn now the trails are rough from no grooming yes the snow level is down but there is snow to groom they just have not been done.

I was told they have not been groomed in 2 weeks true or false do not know but i know the trail is rough.

now I emailed the sault club they emailed me back this morning and said the trails will be up-graded to open today now that might mean they are going to groom I hope.

All I know that the Wawa snow riders saved my day monday as there trails are awesome

I will be up-dating my report in a hour or so with my trail report for today.

we are in chapleau now.

zrtkat

Great to hear that things are so much better up by Wawa.

I did not see the pictures yesterday (not there until today on my computer?) or I would have known where you came through in the Soo.

They have groomed some of the trails around the Soo on the 21st and hopeful they will get to more tonight.

I will come up from Blueberry or Searchmont now that I have some more info from riders that came down from Wawa to Blueberry Motel yesterday. I would take the north trail to Searchmont.

Your pics. and Jonesy's show what is out there, but after last year and what has happened this year, I will be getting some riding in.

Thanks for all the updates.

Archived