SSM, Chapleau, Timmins, Hearst, Wawa,

COLD BEER

Got back on Saturday from our trip to the Algoma region.

We started and finished out tour in Sault Ste. Marie at the Water Tower Inn, very nice place to stay.

On Monday morning we rode to Halfway Haven for lunch and gas, trails were great, 2 inches of fresh snow. Then we pushed on to Chapleau along the wilderness trail, there was 4 inches of fresh snow which was a blessing as this area had been a little low on snow. Stayed the night at Valentine’s B&B, great place to stay, hot tub, indoor sled parking.

Tuesday we rode to Foleyet for lunch, and continued to the Super 8 motel in Timmins for dinner. Trails weren’t bad considering that this section of the F trail had just opened for the season, the fresh snow helped also.

Wednesday we left Timmins and headed up to Smoothrock Falls and over to Moonbeem for lunch at the club house. The volunteers at the club house put on a great lunch, friendly people. Then we rode over to Hearst for dinner at the Companion Hotel. The sky was sunny, the temperature was above freezing and the trails were perfect. It was a fantastic day.

Thursday we headed south to Hornpayne for lunch at Uncles and then continued through to Wawa to stay at the Wawa Motor Inn. The trails were good, a little rough closer to Wawa but not bad. The temperature was still warm and some drizzle had moved in by the afternoon.

Friday we woke up to a flash freeze, the drizzle had turned the trails into ice. Fortunately a snow storm moved in and by the time we had breakfast there was snow starting to build up on the trail so we headed to Halfway Haven again for lunch and continued on to SSM. Trails were good however we had to watch out for trees that had fallen on the trail due to the high wind that day. We must have lifted a half a dozen trees off the trail, a couple that we couldn’t lift and had to go around or under.

This was my first ride in the Algoma region and I was very pleased with how the tour turned out. I would like to thank the people on this forum that gave me advice to help put this ride together, you're the best. :right_on:

Pictures to come.

Great to hear your positive report on trails and lodging.

This was my first ride in the Algoma region and I was very pleased with how the tour turned out. I would like to thank the people on this forum that gave me advice to help put this ride together, you're the best. :right_on:

Pictures to come.

Sorry about the Wawa trials Beer. I think that's the worst I've seen our trails since i've been involved with the club. We were just short on time and equipment for a bit.

I have attached a few photos of the trip

The Water Tower Inn

AlgomaTour006.jpg

This picture was taken just south of Searchmont

AlgomaTour007.jpg

From Searchmont to Halfway Haven it was easy to slip off of the trail with the fresh snow.

AlgomaTour011.jpg

Fueling up at Halfway Haven

AlgomaTour014.jpg

Relaxing at Valentine's B&B

AlgomaTour016.jpg

Indoor Parking at Valentine's

HPIM0631.jpg

Lunch at Foleyet

AlgomaTour017.jpg

The trail to Timmins

snowmobiletrip2011036.jpg

Lunch at the Moonbeem Clubhouse

HPIM0639.jpg

Thursday morning in Wawa the temperature droped and a snow storm moved in.

AlgomaTour028.jpg

The Dam south of Wawa

AlgomaTour031.jpg

Great Report and Pics! Thanks for posting.

The Only thing that Suxs From having a Long hard town name is that Rides to put it in the trail reports.... Dont be Afraid in typing it guys.... I still screw it up some timed and I've been here for 34 years in this town lol DUBREUILVILLE or Call it D-ville, Dubville.... We are a Big part of your trip because we cover a big section of trail to groom.

Im glad you had a great time in our area... hope you guys will make it up again next year.

Hey Groomer Guy, sorry I didn’t mention or post any pictures of Dubreuilville. Yes it is hard to spell and I’m a crappy speller at best...lol

It happened to be overcast and foggy the day we rolled through town so we didn’t get the cameras out much.

Thanks for all the work that you guys do to make a trip like ours possible. :right_on:

We’ll see you again next year. :cheers:

Archived