Nice Run Yesterday

SlowTouringGuy

Did a loop out of Kahshe yesterday. Picked up 204 as we entered the Orillia trails. Haven't been on 204 since last year and, wow, there was an incredible amount of work that must have been done to pick through the tornado damage. Well done ! Gotta love that trail and it was holding up well yesterday. Good variety and I also appreciated the snowbank/ditch grooming that the club does when the trail comes out onto a stretch of road. Sure will help extend the season. Met B105, which was in remarkably good shape, and headed for the lake.

All the slush on the lakes in Muskoka and didn't find any at all on Couchiching. None. But there were a few bumps ! Low contrast lighting made them difficult to spot in advance - clipping along at Lake speed and then ... :shock: :shock: :-D

Exited the east side on B trail and found that quite a section has be rerouted from last year. Great job ! Superb routing and a temendous improvement. And well groomed; made for a beauty ride up to the Hawthorne Grill for petrol and a lunch stop. We continued north on B leaving the Orillia trails just north of the Black River. That section is a tough section to maintain but it was holding up really well; especially considering it was a Sunday afternoon by that time. We had a very enjoyable mid Sunday loop of (about) 70 miles. Roughly 3 hours riding time, 4 hours with lunch. Cleared Saturday night's cobwebs and had some seat time. Gotta Love Sledding.

Thanks ODSC !!

Did a loop out of Kahshe yesterday. Picked up 204 as we entered the Orillia trails. Haven't been on 204 since last year and, wow, there was an incredible amount of work that must have been done to pick through the tornado damage. Well done ! Gotta love that trail and it was holding up well yesterday. Good variety and I also appreciated the snowbank/ditch grooming that the club does when the trail comes out onto a stretch of road. Sure will help extend the season. Met B105, which was in remarkably good shape, and headed for the lake.

All the slush on the lakes in Muskoka and didn't find any at all on Couchiching. None. But there were a few bumps ! Low contrast lighting made them difficult to spot in advance - clipping along at Lake speed and then ... :shock: :shock: :-D

Exited the east side on B trail and found that quite a section has be rerouted from last year. Great job ! Superb routing and a temendous improvement. And well groomed; made for a beauty ride up to the Hawthorne Grill for petrol and a lunch stop. We continued north on B leaving the Orillia trails just north of the Black River. That section is a tough section to maintain but it was holding up really well; especially considering it was a Sunday afternoon by that time. We had a very enjoyable mid Sunday loop of (about) 70 miles. Roughly 3 hours riding time, 4 hours with lunch. Cleared Saturday night's cobwebs and had some seat time. Gotta Love Sledding.

Thanks ODSC !!

I'm still waiting for that e-mail with the departure time.

After your riding partner said that you guys really weren't that interested and "iffy" at best ?

0830 Saturday departure for three days of riding ! There's this week's email :-P

After your riding partner said that you guys really weren't that interested and "iffy" at best ?

0830 Saturday departure for three days of riding ! There's this week's email :-P

That was Gibson Talking..... :icon_doh:

Good to see you again STG and your Kashe Lake chums. I see you were having some difficulties with the food bill at the Hawthorne Grill. From the size of the calculator you were using it looked like there was some advanced calculus involved.

We made it back home almost without incident. Soon after we left the restaurant my chums started gawking at some wild turkeys instead of watching where they going. Next thing I see is a couple of yellow machines upside down on the road. No injuries although the sleds were a little bent.

Good to see you again STG and your Kashe Lake chums. I see you were having some difficulties with the food bill at the Hawthorne Grill. From the size of the calculator you were using it looked like there was some advanced calculus involved.

We made it back home almost without incident. Soon after we left the restaurant my chums started gawking at some wild turkeys instead of watching where they going. Next thing I see is a couple of yellow machines upside down on the road. No injuries although the sleds were a little bent.

Good to see you again too. Sorry to hear about the upside down yellow machines but glad to hear the riders are ok. Turkeys. <giggle>

Food and Service at the Hawthorne were both great. Enjoyed our stop there and will visit again.

As to the calculator - it was the biggest I had ever seen. But the size of the keypad and the size of the display are designed for people like me so we can work out our Senior's Discount ! :-D

Archived