Huntsville Lodging

marximuus

I'm looking for some advice for a decent midweek stop over in Huntsville area accessable by trail. Only passing through that area for one night this Thursday and would like to be able to relax and enjoy ammenedies in the evening rather than ride in-sleep-leave. Considering Deer Hurst but would like to know what other options are available.

Thanks

Marx

I'm looking for some advice for a decent midweek stop over in Huntsville area accessable by trail. Only passing through that area for one night this Thursday and would like to be able to relax and enjoy ammenedies in the evening rather than ride in-sleep-leave. Considering Deer Hurst but would like to know what other options are available.

Thanks

Marx

The Grandview is just west of Deerhurst right on Trail 88. The Huntsville Travelodge is also on Trail 88 at the other end of Fairy Lake. You can also try Hidden Valley resort which is just east of Deehurst and accessible from Peninsula Lake.

There is no discounting the Deerhurst for great accommodation but there inst much to do there except eat and sit in your room. All the great eateries are in town 2 men and a stove is my favorite

Guys I ride with swear by the pricing/service at Hidden Valley .. they apparently have sledder specials (whatever that is)

I'd agree with Smurfz on the 2men and a stove comment. Great food, great atmosphere, short cab ride.

When the guys ride there:

Comfort Inn to sleep (includes breakfast in lobby area - typical fare)

Dinner at Three Guys and Stove

Walk down to the pub behind Pizza Pizza

When wife goes:

Deerhurst (her "mother ship")

3 Guys by cab

Back to Deerhurst

3 guys? they must have found another partner. it was just 2 guys my last visit!

It can be one guy, for all I care. As long as the coconut shrimp are hot and the beer is cold.

There is no discounting the Deerhurst for great accommodation but there inst much to do there except eat and sit in your room. All the great eateries are in town 2 men and a stove is my favorite

LOL...isn't much to do???...with all the facilities Deerhurst has? (indoor pool, indoor tennis and squash courts, fitness facilities, full spa, really nice pub/lounge, live entertainment, two restaurants, etc, etc,)...you must be hard to please, smurfz. :poke2:

I would agree that 3 Guys & A Stove has good eats (I understand it's actually just ONE guy now, Jeff Suddaby, the executive chef/owner), but there are several other local choices that are just as good or better, and all of which would require a cab-ride from Deerhurst:

1. The Rosewood (at Delta Grandview...better food than Deerhurst)

2. Blackburn's Landing Steakhouse (downtown by the river)

3. Spencer's Tall Trees (on Main Street at west end of town

4. La Dolce Vita (downtown, 1 block off Main St....awesome Italian food)

5. The Norseman (on Walker Lake, a short distance east of town...may not be open mid-week)

As for accommodation, we actually prefer Grandview to Deerhurst, but they're both pretty plush (and priced accordingly.) Hidden Valley is another great choice, and a little more affordable than the other two. Comfort Inn is less "fancy" but quite acceptable...just be aware that sled access up to it from Fairy Lake can be pretty ugly if the roads and motel parking lot are bare. This week you should be fine, especially if we get the squalls forecast for tonight through into Wednesday.

Have fun.

Thanks for all the input,very helpful. I was surprised to find Grandview offers a snowmobile package for $99. Great deal considering the restaurant and recreation facilities, not to mention sled lock up.

Now only thing left to do is watch Orilla/Gravenhurst trails to see if they get any better or I'll be having lunch in Bala instead of Gravenhurst.

Thanks for all the input,very helpful. I was surprised to find Grandview offers a snowmobile package for $99. Great deal considering the restaurant and recreation facilities, not to mention sled lock up.

Now only thing left to do is watch Orilla/Gravenhurst trails to see if they get any better or I'll be having lunch in Bala instead of Gravenhurst.

B trail,B105C and 203 to Hawkestone were groomed last night. Look pretty good from the road

when I was driving by.

B trail,B105C and 203 to Hawkestone were groomed last night. Look pretty good from the road

when I was driving by.

Thanks for the heads up. We rode all of those trails last weekend, and would go back in a heartbeat. If folks from the north can get down to this area, they won't be disappointed. ( I won't say more since this is a Huntsville thread)

Thanks for the heads up. We rode all of those trails last weekend, and would go back in a heartbeat. If folks from the north can get down to this area, they won't be disappointed. ( I won't say more since this is a Huntsville thread)

I hear ya Canuck, I've ridden over 3000 KM in district 9, 4 and 8 this season, great trails. Going north for a change.

Archived