Planning a Tour: SSM, Hearst, Timmins, chapleau

COLD BEER

i would go with what ac-ya stated.... your loop looks good, you guys just need a reroute around chapleau to aubrey falls (unless they open it up before your trip), and take the wilderness trail from chapleau to halfway haven, gas up and head to searchmont. you will have to see the halfway haven to searchmont section twice but it is all good, your riding and not at work. LOL! :D

if you get ahold of ox i am sure he could get a pdf map of the directions from chapleau to halfway haven. it isnt very hard but it can be tricky in the right conditions. more than likely that wont be groomed, just a bunch of sled tracks single file on the bush roads.

if no one has a pdf file for the map, give me a pm with your fax, i have steve's hand written map i can fax you. it isnt to scale but it is understandable. ski

I just got off the phone with Gail from Halfway Haven, she said that a couple of groups have come through the Wilderness Trail from Chapleau. Gail also said that she would give us a map to get through the trail, thanks Gail. :right_on:

I was wondering if someone could send me the GPS tracks for this trail since a couple of guys in the group have GPS devices...that would be awesome. :cheers:

I'm attaching the Wilderness Trail track as run in '09 (not by me). The file also includes my waypoints from northern Ontario. They can edit out the waypoints out of your travel area.

Also, have them download & install Reved's GPS map:

Map

Wilderness Trail 2009.zip

WILDERNESS TRAIL GPS TRACK FROM 2009 SEASON.doc

Thanks again Revrnd, the information you’ve posted should keep us on track. :right_on:

Has anyone traveled C101F between Chapleau and Timmins lately, the OFSC trail guide is showing yellow (limited) but I think that they are low on snow in that area.

I heard that there is a foot of snow in Chapleau, would that be enough snow to provide decent cover for that trail?

A trail report would be great.

Archived