Here we go again!

skidooer

From Tuesday Overnight to Wednesday Evening we expect 20-25cm of snow.

Place your bets for when you think they'll drop it down to 5-10cms. :lol::lol:

I was leaving TO last night and there was a good thunder storm lighting the night sky :evil:

we got 15 cm in Oakville last night!

I wonder if Mrs. Mossy has a report for Auburn :P

:coffeespit::rotflmao:

we got 15 cm in Oakville last night!

I wonder if Mrs. Mossy has a report for Auburn :P

I dont know but Ive got a video for sale............

Its called

"Channel 49 in Auburn!"

:wavey::ssh: send me a PM and I'll give you my address.....here's the cash

DSCN3119.jpg

My gosh, there's alot that goes on behind my back....

I'm actually in Goderich right now - AT WORK - and it is overcast but clear...I've checked the radar and it seems to be building over the lake...here's the Environment Canada storm warning for this area:

Goderich - Bluewater - Southern Huron County

5:56 AM EST Wednesday 6 February 2008

Winter storm warning for

Goderich - Bluewater - Southern Huron County continued

Snow with some ice pellets and freezing rain today and tonight.

This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A moisture-laden winter storm continues to affect southern Ontario. This storm is particularly complex since it is comprised of two centres..The leading centre over Pennsylvania and the other over Illinois. They will move slowly northeastwards today. Significant moisture and energy is being tapped from the gulf of Mexico which resulted in heavy mixed precipitation in the overnight hours. Upwards of 11 cm of snow was recorded at Pearson airport by 5 AM and 10 cm at Point Petre. However..There has been a report of 15 to 20 cm in west Mississauga. A mixture of ice pellets and rain or freezing rain fell farther south. Many areas north of Lake Erie received 25 mm of rain and freezing rain with the mercury hovering near zero. In areas where temperatures are just below freezing significant ice accretion has likely occurred.

The Pennsylvania low pressure centre is responsible for this first blanket of snow and ice. As the low moves east a lengthy break is expected for 6 or perhaps 9 hours today. The break is arriving in the greater Toronto area just in time for the morning commute. Although the commute will be difficult..The easing of the snow may alleviate some commuter stress with improved visibility. During the break some freezing drizzle and patchy freezing rain or light snow will improve visibilities but may cause icy conditions to persist.

During the afternoon hours the precipitation will intensify again as the Illinois low approaches..Causing a switch over to snow heavy at times with 15 cm or more across many districts tonight.

Significant ice accretion over areas south of a line from Sarnia to Hamilton and total snowfall amounts of 15 to 30 centimetres north of this line may be expected before tapering off later tonight.

Travellers should be prepared to alter plans accordingly due to dangerous driving conditions from reduced visibility in snow and slippery roads.

Who knew I was full of such useful information, eh?

:wtf:

Who knew I was full of such useful information, eh?

:wtf:

Thanks Mrs. M for the update!!!

See.....I KNEW you'd get hooked ;)

Here's another update issued at 11:19AM :wavey: I just LOVE it when they issue a "Snowfall Warning"!!! Giddy UP!! :right_on::woot: It's snowing here now....Nice big fluffly flakes too!!!

Snowfall warning for: Barrie - Orillia - Midland

Issued at 11:18 AM EST WEDNESDAY 6 FEBRUARY 2008

SNOW HEAVY AT TIMES EXPECTED THIS EVENING FOR MUCH OF SOUTHCENTRAL ONTARIO WITH 15 CENTIMETRES ACCUMULATION LIKELY BY MIDNIGHT.

A MOISTURE-LADEN WINTER STORM CONTINUES TO AFFECT SOUTHERN ONTARIO. THIS STORM IS PARTICULARLY COMPLEX SINCE IT IS COMPRISED OF TWO CENTRES..THE LEADING CENTRE WHICH HAS NOW PULLED EAST OF THE PROVINCE AND THE SECOND CENTRE WHICH IS CURRENTLY OVER NORTHERN ILLINOIS. STORM SPOTTERS REPORTED SIGNIFICANT ICING FROM FREEZING RAIN IN THE BRANTFORD AND PARIS AREAS EARLIER THIS MORNING FROM THE FIRST WAVE OF PRECIPITATION. IN ADDITION SNOWFALL AMOUNTS VARIED CONSIDERABLY ACROSS SMALL REGIONS FROM ABOUT 5 CENTIMETRES TO 25 CENTIMETRES. DURING THE BREAK SOME FREEZING DRIZZLE AND PATCHY FREEZING RAIN OR LIGHT SNOW WILL IMPROVE VISIBILITIES BUT MAY CAUSE ICY CONDITIONS TO PERSIST. AFTER THE CURRENT RELATIVE BREAK IN THE STORM..HEAVIER SNOW CURRENTLY OVER SOUTHERN WISCONSIN IS ON TRACK TO AFFECT SOUTHERN ONTARIO THIS EVENING. THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING COMMUTE HOME IS LIKELY TO BE VERY SLOW WITH POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS. THE LEADING EDGE OF THIS SECOND WAVE OF PRECIPITATION IS JUST ABOUT TO REACH WINDSOR AROUND NOON WITH A MIXTURE OF ICE PELLETS FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW EXPECTED. THIS NEXT BATCH OF PRECIPITATION WILL REACH THE TORONTO AREA BY ABOUT 2 PM AS MOSTLY SNOW WITH A RISK OF FREEZING RAIN AND THEN AFFECT THE TRENTON TO KINGSTON AREA BY 4 PM AS SNOW. OVER AREAS SOUTH OF A LINE FROM SARNIA TO HAMILTON PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BE MIXED FREEZING RAIN ICE PELLETS AND SNOW. OVER AREAS NORTH OF THE LINE IT WILL ARRIVE AS SNOW. LATER ON THIS AFTERNOON AND INTO THIS EVENING THE SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES AS THE MOST INTENSE PART OF THE STORM PASSES RIGHT OVER OUR HEADS IN SOUTHERN ONTARIO. SNOW HEAVY AT TIMES OVER AN AREA COMPRISING SARNIA TO KINCARDINE TO BARRIE AND TORONTO IS EXPECTED THIS EVENING WITH ABOUT 15 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW BY MIDNIGHT LIKELY. THIS STORM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE SNOWFALL RATES IN THE 2 TO 4 CENTIMETRES PER HOUR RATE WITH NEAR ZERO VISIBILITIES. THE AREA OF HEAVY SNOW WILL VERY GRADUALLY WEAKEN AS IT MOVES EASTWARD AND THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM STARTS TO LOSE SOME OF ITS STEAM GIVING EASTERN PORTIONS SLIGHTLY LESSER AMOUNTS. SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCRETION OVER AREAS SOUTH OF A LINE FROM SARNIA TO HAMILTON AND TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 15 TO 30 CENTIMETRES NORTH OF THIS LINE MAY BE EXPECTED BEFORE TAPERING OFF LATER TONIGHT. TRAVELLERS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO ALTER PLANS ACCORDINGLY DUE TO DANGEROUS DRIVING CONDITIONS FROM REDUCED VISIBILITY IN SNOW AND SLIPPERY ROADS.

Here's another update issued at 11:19AM :wavey: I just LOVE it when they issue a "Snowfall Warning"!!! Giddy UP!! :right_on::woot: It's snowing here now....Nice big fluffly flakes too!!!

Snowfall warning for: Barrie - Orillia - Midland

Issued at 11:18 AM EST WEDNESDAY 6 FEBRUARY 2008

SNOW HEAVY AT TIMES EXPECTED THIS EVENING FOR MUCH OF SOUTHCENTRAL ONTARIO WITH 15 CENTIMETRES ACCUMULATION LIKELY BY MIDNIGHT.

A MOISTURE-LADEN WINTER STORM CONTINUES TO AFFECT SOUTHERN ONTARIO. THIS STORM IS PARTICULARLY COMPLEX SINCE IT IS COMPRISED OF TWO CENTRES..THE LEADING CENTRE WHICH HAS NOW PULLED EAST OF THE PROVINCE AND THE SECOND CENTRE WHICH IS CURRENTLY OVER NORTHERN ILLINOIS. STORM SPOTTERS REPORTED SIGNIFICANT ICING FROM FREEZING RAIN IN THE BRANTFORD AND PARIS AREAS EARLIER THIS MORNING FROM THE FIRST WAVE OF PRECIPITATION. IN ADDITION SNOWFALL AMOUNTS VARIED CONSIDERABLY ACROSS SMALL REGIONS FROM ABOUT 5 CENTIMETRES TO 25 CENTIMETRES. DURING THE BREAK SOME FREEZING DRIZZLE AND PATCHY FREEZING RAIN OR LIGHT SNOW WILL IMPROVE VISIBILITIES BUT MAY CAUSE ICY CONDITIONS TO PERSIST. AFTER THE CURRENT RELATIVE BREAK IN THE STORM..HEAVIER SNOW CURRENTLY OVER SOUTHERN WISCONSIN IS ON TRACK TO AFFECT SOUTHERN ONTARIO THIS EVENING. THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING COMMUTE HOME IS LIKELY TO BE VERY SLOW WITH POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS. THE LEADING EDGE OF THIS SECOND WAVE OF PRECIPITATION IS JUST ABOUT TO REACH WINDSOR AROUND NOON WITH A MIXTURE OF ICE PELLETS FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW EXPECTED. THIS NEXT BATCH OF PRECIPITATION WILL REACH THE TORONTO AREA BY ABOUT 2 PM AS MOSTLY SNOW WITH A RISK OF FREEZING RAIN AND THEN AFFECT THE TRENTON TO KINGSTON AREA BY 4 PM AS SNOW. OVER AREAS SOUTH OF A LINE FROM SARNIA TO HAMILTON PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BE MIXED FREEZING RAIN ICE PELLETS AND SNOW. OVER AREAS NORTH OF THE LINE IT WILL ARRIVE AS SNOW. LATER ON THIS AFTERNOON AND INTO THIS EVENING THE SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES AS THE MOST INTENSE PART OF THE STORM PASSES RIGHT OVER OUR HEADS IN SOUTHERN ONTARIO. SNOW HEAVY AT TIMES OVER AN AREA COMPRISING SARNIA TO KINCARDINE TO BARRIE AND TORONTO IS EXPECTED THIS EVENING WITH ABOUT 15 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW BY MIDNIGHT LIKELY. THIS STORM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE SNOWFALL RATES IN THE 2 TO 4 CENTIMETRES PER HOUR RATE WITH NEAR ZERO VISIBILITIES. THE AREA OF HEAVY SNOW WILL VERY GRADUALLY WEAKEN AS IT MOVES EASTWARD AND THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM STARTS TO LOSE SOME OF ITS STEAM GIVING EASTERN PORTIONS SLIGHTLY LESSER AMOUNTS. SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCRETION OVER AREAS SOUTH OF A LINE FROM SARNIA TO HAMILTON AND TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 15 TO 30 CENTIMETRES NORTH OF THIS LINE MAY BE EXPECTED BEFORE TAPERING OFF LATER TONIGHT. TRAVELLERS SHOULD BE PREPARED TO ALTER PLANS ACCORDINGLY DUE TO DANGEROUS DRIVING CONDITIONS FROM REDUCED VISIBILITY IN SNOW AND SLIPPERY ROADS.

Well i sure hope we get all of that in the south end cause the trails here are all gone :(

Well i sure hope we get all of that in the south end cause the trails here are all gone :(

I know....they are pretty thin up here too :banghead: Snowing now...but heavier stuff is expected later this afternoon....I am doing my snow dance as we speak! I want to RIDE! :angry:

cool0012.gif

Archived