334 mile ride in Ontario, Manitoba and Minnesota

rws

A friend and I trailered to Warroad MN riding the lake up to Kenora to join up with another friend and his buddies for a day of riding the lake. 334 miles for the day.

download video file here then play it in Windows Media Player

Great post! May I be the first to welcome you to the forum...this is like scoring a goal in your first NHL game. :D

:rotflmao:

Welcome to the forum rws. Looks like a great ride! Trails look awesome!

I once visited Kenora and did some boating on Lake of the Woods the area is quite magical with an interesting mystique about it . It must be quite an experience in the winter ! Does the big lake freeze solid ? That would be an arguement for a GPS if I ever saw one !

Nice setup you have there. The video is the best I have seen so far. You can here the engine without to much wind. The image is not shaking like crazy. Nice editing.

What's your sled? I see you where with an Artic Cat, Yamaha and a Polaris. Any troubles during the day?

RWS, Welcome to 'TheNewOC'. There was a member on the old board who posted a couple of marvellous helmet cam movies from around Lake in the Woods - was that you?

This one is a work well done. Thanks for posting it and taking us along on your trip !!

Thanks guys...

The Lake of the Woods area is one of my favotite riding places. The lake does have some areas of bad ice/open water but not near any of the marked trails. I ride a '08 Crossfire 800 and have the GPS mounted on the dash and usually have a helmet cam along to record my rides....so some of those videos on the old board were probably mine.

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

(Be careful with the mouse.. next thing you know, he'll ask you to do a 'home video' ;) )

And Wildbill - GPS is a great idea for wide open lakes. Heck, before we got to know Six Mile Lake, it gave us fits at night. Where are those illuminated Christmas trees when you need them :lol:

Archived