Last Ride of the Year!

Cudney Racing

The week of March 8th to March 12th my friend John and I rode 2263kms in northern Quebec in 5 days, we rode out of Ste-Anne-Du Lac to Weymontachie the first day, the trails were very bumpy but we made great time. The second day we rode to Roberval in the same conditions. The third day we rode to Chibougamau, trails were great and smooth and we made great time. The fourth day we rode from Chibougamau to Lac Faillon the trails were very high speed travel for hundreds of kilometers, we ran average speeds from 65mph to 90mph for about 200 kilometers on the most excellent trails. The last day we rode from Lac Faillon to Ste-Anne-Du Lac completing our trip. The weather was warm and as high as 10C but the trails were great making it the best final of the season ride I have had in a few years. - Bill

post-20364-126858027108.jpg

post-20364-126858033226.jpg

post-20364-126858029572.jpg

The week of March 8th to March 12th my friend John and I rode 2263kms in northern Quebec in 5 days, we rode out of Ste-Anne-Du Lac to Weymontachie the first day, the trails were very bumpy but we made great time. The second day we rode to Roberval in the same conditions. The third day we rode to Chibougamau, trails were great and smooth and we made great time. The fourth day we rode from Chibougamau to Lac Faillon the trails were very high speed travel for hundreds of kilometers, we ran average speeds from 65mph to 90mph for about 200 kilometers on the most excellent trails. The last day we rode from Lac Faillon to Ste-Anne-Du Lac completing our trip. The weather was warm and as high as 10C but the trails were great making it the best final of the season ride I have had in a few years. - Bill

post-20364-126858027108.jpg

post-20364-126858033226.jpg

post-20364-126858029572.jpg

wow,,,,not my type of riding,,,but wow non the less,,, :right_on::right_on:

were the trails busy?

what is the speed limit on quebec trails?

do they also sell 3-7 day passes?

do you speak french, if not was language a big issue?

i only know a few words in french.

do you think the conditions there will last a few weeks?

Wow so many questions...[riding withdrawal symptoms already.]

We only saw about 50 sleds during the 5 days we were there, not busy at all. Neither of us speak french but we didn't have one problem communicating at all. Yes they 3 and 7 day passes as well, I buy a season permit because we ride there usually about 15 days a year.I would say the riding from Senneter North and over to Chibogamau will last probably through next week but not much after that Even in the warm condidiotns we had our sleds never ran hot even once they usually run 3 bars on the guage and that is where they ran all week except when we had to travel maginal conditions they may have gotten to 4 bars but that was only a couple of times during the 5 days.

Nice Ride !

Love those trails. Gotta plan another Quebec trip; well, ok, not this year. Like you, none of our group is fluent in French but we've always been ok.

Thanks for those pictures, too ! 14 Degrees and Sunny here at "The Rapids" and I'm already looking forward to next season.

what is the speed limit on quebec trails?

Speed Limits vary. In towns, you might see 20 kph. If the trail is Wide and Straight the limit is 70 kph. And then, depending on width of trail and line of sight, you will see 30 or 50 as well.

Looks like it was a great trip, Bill.

Quebec is definitely on my 'list'.

Archived