Nice end of season run

dweese

So winter is almost over and I have been out on the seld zero times. :banghead:

Until today :woot:

About 150km today. By myself so I didn't push things to hard, hour meter showed 3h20mins of run time. Would have loved to ride longer, but had to trailer an hour each way, and today is the girl friend's (wife come June 19) birthday so I had to be home to make dinner :confused:

Lots of snow still, trails where about 99.2% covered, got out early and everything was nice and hard. But it did start to soften up later in the day.

dscf8392.jpg

E106 and OHSR930 junction

dscf8388.jpg

North to Bancroft

dscf8389.jpg

Lakes still stacked and grommed, they say there is lots of ice, but I didn't try my luck.

dscf8394.jpg

Snowmobile bridge in downtown Bancroft, gets you to gas and food.

dscf8390.jpg

All and all great day, lots of other selds out on the trails. Not sure how long things will last. Calling for warmer temps all week, and next. So if things last until next weekend I'd be surpised.

I did 77 miles on Thursday on the Paudash trails. Good shape for the most part. I didn't run TOP E north of Hwy 118 as I imagine the plowed road would be messy (it was sanded when we did have fresh snow).

On the E107 reroute, the Eels Lake Rd. was completely bare w/ a bit of bank to run along on. The West Rd, was a bit icy. There was muddy patches starting to appear, so I don't imaging that will last too long. E108 was rough west of the "temp" jct w/ E107. I turned around after a mile. The rest of the E108 north & TOP E from 118 to the clubhuse & Hwy 28 to the Tallan Lake turnoff (I ran Eeels Lake) was in good shape as were both of the Eel's Lake access trails that Paudash grooms.

Ran 150 km or so on Saturday east out of Coe Hill, rail trail was a tad bumpy but good snow cover. E trail west is done, mud and rocks.

Heritage trail and lakes all great (Limerick, Mephisto, Green and Weslmekoon (sp?). Maze also very very good. Very warm later in the day, if the sun hits it she's gone. So warm today (Sun) we just locked 'em up for the year. If your desperate and don't care about the sled possible to get a dirty day in, otherwise see ya next year !

we unloaded at Elephant lake lodge on the 5th,rode to Lake St Peter,then witney then back via hay lake,,,,170 miles or so,,great day.

PIC010230.jpg

PIC010236.jpg

PIC010237.jpg

PIC010238.jpg

PIC010239.jpg

PIC010244.jpg

PIC010241.jpg

PIC010246.jpg

PIC010258.jpg

PIC010259.jpg

PIC010269.jpg

Glad everyone had a good time on the weekend. Looking at the weather for next weekend its warm and a crap load of rain, stick a fork in it she done gents.

Boondocking under the power lines... hit any rocks?

no,but took it slow and easy just the same,,,,,there was 3 or more feet of snow there,,,, :right_on::right_on:

Great pic's guy's :woot::woot: Wish I could of made it out one more time myself ... We were lucky enough to get our last decent ride in on local trails with a last min trailside cookout Feb 28th.

Link to pic's on our club website :woot::woot:

http://ppsc.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1188

Archived