Poker Run

SkiDooStu

A bit of good news here. I'm not a meteorologist, but from the models I've looked at, Parry Sound should only see a bit of rain on Tuesday. Wednesday through the rest of the week should be quite cold. I've heard that TWN has a computer do its long range forecasts, so I can ssee how they'd make an error.

Ok, I was up in Parry Sound the last weekend of January and there was a ton of snow. I'm just wondering if the trails can survive the brief warmup on Tuesday? It's going to remain cold with snow after that until the weekend.

Anyone up there the past weekend?

We just got home. We wont say that more snow wont be welcome but we are confident that things will be good to go for the poker run.

The forecast is quite goofy. The trails this weekend were quite good & the clubs seem to be working as hard as ever.

We will be there this weekend supporting the PSSD at the poker run. I have never played poker while riding a sled but I am sure someone will show me how it is done.?.?.?

played poker while riding a sled but I am sure someone will show me how it is done.?.?.?

Trax...won 2nd place last year. My advice...get to know poker hands...I had no idea I was close until someone told me. :confused:

As far as how the run works:

-buy a hand which is a blank card with five spaces

-at each stop, you draw a card from the deck

-they write down what you drew and both sign

-if you draw a joker, you can redraw at the end of the run for another card which might make your hand better

-you can buy extra hands sheets, but they must be bought at the original starting spot - Jolly Roger this year I understand.

-you have to be at the dinner (and stay there!) to get your prize. Last year they had a computer program on which they entered everyones' cards so they knew who had the best hands.

We just got home. We wont say that more snow wont be welcome but we are confident that things will be good to go for the poker run.

The forecast is quite goofy. The trails this weekend were quite good & the clubs seem to be working as hard as ever.

We will be there this weekend supporting the PSSD at the poker run. I have never played poker while riding a sled but I am sure someone will show me how it is done.?.?.?

there is an incredible history of first time winners in this group ! the trails will be fine come play :carsled:

How much is each additional hand? Is it still $40?

Also, Bill do you have a belt for a 1997 Polaris Indy 500 in stock? My buddy MIGHT need one.

Not sure but last year an additional hand was $10

Lots of belts in stock for your friend.

The more hands one buys, the better their chances! ;)

This action is how I wish snowmobilers were represented...

Opened my mail this morning.

There was a note:

We can't make it to the Poker Run this weekend.

Please purchase us tickets & if we win, donate the prize back to the club.

Enclosed: cheque for $100

I have to say, I was touched, impressed and inspired.

Chokin up right now typin this...

Archived