Logging on TOP C

revrnd

Has anyone been thru this stretch where the logging is going on. Rod was saying that there's 11 miles of plowed road. Just wondering if they're leaving any snow on the road or it's down to gravel.

Revrnd

One of the guys who grooms for our club told me that last week.All he said was that there is an 11 mile logging road on the C trail between Smooth Rock and the A106C junction.

Rod

rod and kim see ya wednesday in the pm ..cant wait to get out for a ride on some real snow ... :D

I rode this section of trail on the 21st of January and it is completely plowed. Now if they were to get some snow on it before they plowed it would be good, but it was plowed down to an ice road. Don't get me wrong it wasn't dirt/gravel, but very little snow for cooling/lubrication. Also there are a lot of swamps in that area, so when we had the big melt down it created alot of water which was froze when I went through.

I guess we'll have to keep an eye on things. We won't be going thru that way until the 15th, so they could get some snow to make it passable. A few years ago we rode thru a few miles of mud north of Kirkland Lake. If we have to detour thru Cochrane it's only a extra 25 miles I think. Plus A106C is a nice trail.

I know that is a nice trail,but you don,t have to run it.It's no big deal,just run from Cochrane down,plus if it is that you don't want to run the same trail twice you can run the powder down the old trail that used to by-pass cochrane and went to Greenwater directly.The old signs are still out there,and I don't think they have groomed that way since around 2002.When coming north form Timmins on the hydro line,the trail turns right into the trees.Its the first right after miles of straight north.You go straight through there,don't follow main trail,and it is a great powder ride to Greenwater.

Hopefully Rod will be able to update us. I can alway call the Northern Corridor office & ask. There isn't anything mentioned on the OFSC District 15 page.

I got a message from Candace @ the Northern Corridor (Dist. 15) office. She spoke w/ a club volunteer today @ SRF & the C trail is snow covered where they are logging. It's 18 klicks.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ridden through here lately? Is it 18 km of ungroomed trail? Updates would be appreciated. We have that portion of trail as the start of a 300 mile plus day next Sunday running from Shining Tree to Hearst.

Thanks in advance,

Archived