District 8 Request ???

SlowTouringGuy

extreme600, yamisxr, and others.

looking at the following loop out of Orillia......

B105C northwest to C

C to B205C

B to 203

203 to 206/203 junction around hawkstone

and 203 back north to Orillia

How are the current conditions? I can only imagine they are going to improve - what can you say about them now?

What's the approximate distance of that loop? What's the travelling time like ??

THANKS !!

B105C northwest to C

C to B205C

B to 203

How are the current conditions? I can only imagine they are going to improve - what can you say about them now?

What's the approximate distance of that loop? What's the travelling time like ??

THANKS !!

Gawd you ask alot of questions! :wavey:

B105C northwest to C

C to B205C

B to 203

THANKS !!

Gawd you ask alot of questions! :wavey:

Just call it his "barnyard tour" He heard that this is farm country .

B105C northwest to C

C to B205C

B to 203

THANKS !!

I did that loop a couple of weeks ago and met a fellow from Colwater in Midland and rode the last part of the loop wih him. I was speaking to him earlier tonight and he rode the same loop today. He said the conditions were quite good. The loop is about 4 - 5 hours. Kelsey's in both Midland and Orillia have a sledder's discount plan as well

Hey STG, boy those guys hijack posts quickly don't they! :crazy: You must be famous!

Here's a copy of the post I put up Saturday after a good ride. It answers most of you questions although I took a slightly different route. I don't have a map handy to give you the details on the differences but it should be close enough.

"I left my home in the Atherly area, shot across the top end of Simcoe to cross hwy 12 at Tudhope Park and onto trail 204 (Lk Couchiching) up to the B Trail heading West. I took the B105C (old rail trail) to Coldwater and then the C trail into Midland for a stop at Timmy's for lunch. Trails were all in great condition and well signed except the short piece from Ste Marie among the Hurons to the Timmy's. It looked like it was the first grooming of this section (lots of snirt (snow and dirt)). After lunch I stayed east on C trail (still poorly signed) and got gas in ???. Back on C trail things were in great shape. There was a trail patrol check point at the junction of C Trail and B Trail where I headed onto B East back toward Orillia. The trail was much rougher and needs more snow in the forests but is great out on the old rail trails and fields. I took off from the B trail at 203down to the old Barrie rail line back into Orillia, across hwy 12 at Tudhope Park onto Lake Simcoe and home. All in all a 4 hour 15 minute trip including lunch and a couple stretch breaks. Roughly 180kms. Since I was alone (other than the 80 or so sleds I saw), I was able to travel fairly quickly."

Good luck! In case Mother Nature is listening, "More SNOW please!". :(

B105C northwest to C

C to B205C

B to 203

THANKS !!

I did that loop a couple of weeks ago and met a fellow from Colwater in Midland and rode the last part of the loop wih him. I was speaking to him earlier tonight and he rode the same loop today. He said the conditions were quite good. The loop is about 4 - 5 hours. Kelsey's in both Midland and Orillia have a sledder's discount plan as well

Thanks SJ, 4-5 hours is interesting. I have to add to that my trip from the MouseHouse to and from Orilia. We won't get to Midland but we'll be gassing up at the Hawthorne and in Orillia plus eating in town on the way back through. Either close to the Memorial/12 assortment or near the Port.

It could be a 6 to 7 hours loop for us.

Hey STG, boy those guys hijack posts quickly don't they! :crazy: You must be famous!

Here's a copy of the post I put up Saturday after a good ride. It answers most of you questions although I took a slightly different route. I don't have a map handy to give you the details on the differences but it should be close enough.

"I left my home in the Atherly area, shot across the top end of Simcoe to cross hwy 12 at Tudhope Park and onto trail 204 (Lk Couchiching) up to the B Trail heading West. I took the B105C (old rail trail) to Coldwater and then the C trail into Midland for a stop at Timmy's for lunch. Trails were all in great condition and well signed except the short piece from Ste Marie among the Hurons to the Timmy's. It looked like it was the first grooming of this section (lots of snirt (snow and dirt)). After lunch I stayed east on C trail (still poorly signed) and got gas in ???. Back on C trail things were in great shape. There was a trail patrol check point at the junction of C Trail and B Trail where I headed onto B East back toward Orillia. The trail was much rougher and needs more snow in the forests but is great out on the old rail trails and fields. I took off from the B trail at 203down to the old Barrie rail line back into Orillia, across hwy 12 at Tudhope Park onto Lake Simcoe and home. All in all a 4 hour 15 minute trip including lunch and a couple stretch breaks. Roughly 180kms. Since I was alone (other than the 80 or so sleds I saw), I was able to travel fairly quickly."

You're right yamisrx, they are miserable people ! :lol::lol:

Thanks for the post - all sounds good.

You're right yamisrx, they are miserable people ! :lol::lol:

Thanks for the post - all sounds good.

You forgot to add "serious" to the title :-D

Ooops just ra yourpost. Glad Yamisxr already posted. He is right on the money. Only spot which was slim was around the Hawk. Otherwise great. We are goin out this week for a run in those areas and many more. Will post end of week with pics and up to date status.

Ooops just ra yourpost. Glad Yamisxr already posted. He is right on the money. Only spot which was slim was around the Hawk. Otherwise great. We are goin out this week for a run in those areas and many more. Will post end of week with pics and up to date status.

Thanks ! Would love to hear what you find later in the week. And pix too :-D

We're back from the north. We ran the ORILLIA trails on Tuesday that you are asking about. All were very good. I wouldn't travel any further south than Hawkstone though. West is okay and anywhere north of that area is excellent. No pics of that area but trails were groomed and super smooth. Orillia is doing an awesome job with the little snow they have. We went -2- Parry Sound, Mactier, Sprucedale, Port Sydney, Bracebridge and Gravenhurst yesterday and all were awesome with good snow and freshly grromed trails except from Moon river just outside of Bala. Bala trails were rough (should take lessons from SnoCrest, Mactier or Orillia. Those guys have done an awesome job this year with what mother nature has handed them. Will post pics later of ride from yesterday 210miles roiund trip. P.S. Quite a few sledders out this week!!!

Archived