Parking/drop spot for Barrie this week end. Where?

ride44

Unless we get a whole lot more snow between now and tomorrow....I would keep driving further North. The trails are in BAD condition here and around Barrie...down to dirt/mud with little base left after the mild temps this week. We have had no new snow since then. I think you need to head to at least Orillia area and even further for much better condtiions.

where is all the snow then.

Will the trails be "open" in Parry Sound this week end?

Just seems that it gets worse and worse every year, there's either too much snow, not enough snow....

I have never experienced "Too much snow" :shock::cry:

Looks like the snow is coming! Barrie may get around 15cms tomorrow - BUT - probably just a good start to getting back the trail conditions we had a week ago!

The better trail conditions will be further north from Orillia and north towards Huntsville. I'm not sure what is happening over in the Parry Sound area (District 10) and whether or not they will be open this weekend. But if you want a guaranteed ride....north of Orillia would be my best guess. Check the OFSC website for trail conditions before you head out.

ok thanks guys

Keep in mind the big wind strom we just had! There WILL be trees down that need to be cleared. Trails will not be perfect for Sat morning.

Archived