Longlac/ Gogama places to stay

KTMDave

A couple of places to consider are;

1) Longlac--> I would suggest Klotz Lake Camp just east of town. They have gas, good food, and lodging and are located on A107A. Give Toni a call and she can give you the particulars.

2) Gogama--> I've never stayed in Gogama but there is Shining Tree to the south and Post 392 to the north. Shining Tree has lodging, good food and fuel just down the road, Post 392 has lodging, good food, no gas but is about 20 miles south of Timmins were fuel is readily available. Both places are located on Top C with good access.

A great source of info is:

http://www.snowmobileworld.com/ontario/order.php?order=a

I've stayed at all of them and have had great luck with them all. I hope this helps a little, have fun.

Someone posted on this site or another a while back to avoid the RanDan in Longlac.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but if you're not heading east of Longlac, there is the Four Winds Hotel in town. They have a caged/locked area for sleds and good food, but kinda pricey. There's also the Woodlands Inn (food has gone down-hill). And there's also the L'Oree Des Bois Motel no food - park in front of your door, directly across from food/gas. Then there is also Northwood Lodging (don't know much about them, but they do advertise for the Greenstone Loop and support the Longlac club too). Best of luck.

http://forum.ontarioconditions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=375

I've heard of folks staying @ Tata Chika Pika Lodge north of Gogama. 3 Bears in Shining Tree is quite popular.

If you're travelling south, the gas @ Mattagami is before TOP C goes onto the lake. The staked line is towards the left.

We ate lunch at the Tata Chika Pika Lodge a couple of years ago. The food was good & it is an awesome looking spot. I believe it would be more expensive than 3 Bears. It appeared to me to be a 4 star location.

Gogama has nothing to offer, other than friendly people and a general store combo LCBO agency. The local trail into town from the C is not maintained at all, and no fuel in Gogama inspite of trail map advertising :banghead: . Too bad. Stick with the other recommendations provided.

Thanks for the advise. Sounds like I will by pass Gogama

If you stay on the C trail, you do. It was about 4 miles of road running when we went into town to get gas a few years ago. The trail goes right by the gas station & restaurant in Mattagami.

There is the Stardust Motel in Gogama if something happened (machine down, bad weather). I saw it from the train last September & was open then. It looked like it would do in a pinch, but not a place that would be a destination.

Archived