Lake Conestoga

ALLNYTRO

Hey guys., I see that lake conestoga is limited. Is there just snow in that area because everything else isn't open around it and was just wondering if there is a mistake on the website or if I'm missing something. Seems like the next closest trails open id Durham. Quite a bit north of the lake.

I know they show as limited but the field from Macton on 86 heading that way looks like a dirt farm field with some snow drifted in between where its plowed i know i wouldnt ride on it. Unless its changed since yesterday.

That field on the north side of highway 86 west of the Macton intersection is not a Lake Conestoga trail. It is a Elmira/ Golden Triangle trail. It is closed. About 2 miles back that trail is an intersection. If you turn left at that intersection, you are then on Conestoga Lake Trails. I would think that the trails in the bush and marsh areas around the lake would have held more of the snow and are likely not a bad ride. Unfortunately you need to trailer there as all trails that join the Lake trails show as closed.

Thats what I was looking for. Thanx for the info

Archived