Parking at 400 and Sequin

zephyr3

Was planning to drop at the Tim's parking lot at the end of the Sequin by the 400. I notice it is now posted 30 minute parking. Is there another place close to drop the truck and access the trails?

Thanks for the help

Wow, I thought that was the designated parking bylawed by the Seguin township. You may want to call them about that or Park To Park who manages the Seguin Trail access.

Was planning to drop at the Tim's parking lot at the end of the Sequin by the 400. I notice it is now posted 30 minute parking. Is there another place close to drop the truck and access the trails?

Thanks for the help

Wow, I thought that was the designated parking bylawed by the Seguin township. You may want to call them about that or Park To Park who manages the Seguin Trail access.

It is designated parking I will bring it to the townships attention .

Thanks for the help

We were there last weekend and parked at the south end of the lot farthest away from the buildings as did a number of other sledders with their trailers. Nobody told us otherwise and nobody gave us any grief. The tourism office inside told us it was okay to park there. Didn't notice any signs but I suspect the intent would be to stop people from parking their truck and trailer right by the front door which would deter customers from going inside.

You mean they have lot lizards in that area? I thought the only reptiles along Georgian Bay were Massasauga Rattlesnakes.

No lot lizards that I am aware of just longhaul truckers trying to get some rest so they can be safe on the road.

Initially all the townships owned this info center . Then along came hwy 400 and suddenly a push to privatize . A request for proposals went out and they sold this prime real estate with some conditions to a consortium for less than four hundred thousand dollars.

Amongst the conditions were the info center would be provided with rent free space to continue promoting the area and that tourism parking would be allowed to continue . There has been friction on the later point .

I brought this point to Seguin townships CAO Tom Stockey's attention the response was swift and courteous . He confirmed that they are allowing parking for trail use and that have an area near the petro can to park next to the trail and more parking at the far end of the Tim Hortons lot . They do not want overnight parking as it creates a problem with plowing . Tom suggested that anyone who wants to leave thier trailer while the go touring is welcome to leave it at the Seguin Township office on Humphrey drive.

If anyone has any discouraging experiences parking feel free to e-mail me and I will forward it to the appropriate individuals.

Bill, the few times in the past when we snowmobiled thru there or stopped @ the kiosk for maps (highway trips) there appeared to be vehicles w/ trailers that had been parked there for a while. Was/is this an access point for some landowners further in the Segin Trail? If yes I can't see how they can stop those folks from parking there.

Bill, the few times in the past when we snowmobiled thru there or stopped @ the kiosk for maps (highway trips) there appeared to be vehicles w/ trailers that had been parked there for a while. Was/is this an access point for some landowners further in the Segin Trail? If yes I can't see how they can stop those folks from parking there.

I don't think that they can stop them from parking there but not completly sure . I believe that the bylaw allows for it .

Archived