Trail Ride Suggestion

sxr600Rider

Because I don't know of a place to park in that area, I'm going to park on the side of 89 highway just east of the 89/10 lights. So head east from 10 on 89 towards Alliston. You'll go through an ess bend going down hill (on the right there is a large section of trees which were knocked down by a wind storm last year), watch for this small park on your right side. You can turn after the park on to a side street and come back. The 321 trail goes right through the park.

On the district 4 trail map, this park is at the intersection of trails 321 and B109.

On a road map its at the intersection of 89 highway and sideroad 5.

Second option I know of. In the town of Glencairn there is a snowmobile friendly gas station. Very small town, can't miss it. Trail comes in to the rear of parking lot, there is a main trail intersection with map a quarter mile out from the station.

Better yet.

we got there at 10:30 and pretty much got the last spot in the lot :)

From what my fiance (man, I really prefer the term girlfriend...lol) tells me. She and the lady who runs the golf course met last year and snowmobiling came into the conversation. They are not sledders there but have teamed up with the Alliston club by allowing them to have their meetings there. They will supply parking for trucks and trailers. In return they hope people will come in to the restaurant.

The course is new and obviously they want to bring in any business they can.

Edit, meant to add this to other post.

Note: the signage in the area says there is gas and food in New Lowell. There is not. We rode in there to find the place has been locked up for some time.

There is gas in Creemore and Glencairn.

Where can you park in Markdale area for the day?

There is a farm/tractor supply in Markdale and is also the local skidoo dealer. He lets sledders park in his lot especially since there is a chance they may buy some of his product. Markdale Tractor Sales

774808 Highway #10 South, Markdale, Ontario, Canada N0C 1H0

Archived