Trail Ride Suggestion

sxr600Rider

Hey everyone. I am looking to head out for a ride this Saturday. I live in Ayr and am looking for a decent day ride, preferrably a loop that would start fairly local. Would like to keep the trailering time to less then 1.5 hrs.

I was out in district 3 last weekend at the Ganaraska Forest and the ride was really nice, however the truck ride home was a little much. So I am looking for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

:D:D:D:D:D

We had to go to Markdale last weekend. Tarils were not bad, but a little more snow is needed. But atleast it'll be around the 1.5hr mark for the trailer ride. Boston Pizza for lunch in Owen sound was a nice touch to the ride too :)

I'm going to take a ride tomorrow. Looking to go either to Durham or Shelburne. Lots of snow to the north and east of Shelburne over the weekend. My girlfriend is in Alliston and said they've gotten well over a foot and trails look great from the road. I'll post up what happens.

I am going to try to ride (depending on the knee) D4 this week...this weekend is pouched for me, maybe Friday night

Boston Pizza for lunch in Owen sound was a nice touch to the ride too :)

They still offering a discount for sledders or is that only on Georgian Cup weekend?

I didn't hear anything about a discount... Although I didn't ask either :wtf:

Rode Markdale north to Walters Falls, toward Owen Sound then pick up TOP B toward Thornbury & Collingwood. Lots of fresh snow, grooming around Mardale and along TOP B with about 4-6" of fresh powder on top, waist deep powder on club trails south of Meaford. Hard to see some of the signs due to snow covering them. Should be close to excellent by weekend.

We ended up leaving from the SuperBurger at Primrose. We headed east on 321. The snow was thin but ridable. Once we reached the B109 we turned north. Half an hour up the trail the snow begins to get deeper and deeper. In the areas of New Lowell and Creemore, the trails are prime riding. 2 feet deep or more off the trail. Lots of drifting. Seen the groomer out near Creemore but once we were 10 minutes down the trail, it was hard to tell he'd been there due to all the wind blown snow. A couple of fields were so deep it was like swimming. We returned to the truck down the 322. Its good until you hit the intersection of 323. Shortly after that the snow drops to near nothing. Some areas of this Granny trail are almost bare. Lots of exposed rocks, frozen ground and ice. We came up on a guy who was stuck in the middle of an up hill section of the trail with an old Mach 1. He had no studs and could not make head way. He turned around and headed back down. Lots of ruts from ATV's in this section and no snow to fill them in.

If I head out again I'll go farther north to start. District 8 is in much better shape than 4. Definately avoid the 322 if you come this way.

252_e24a5517e2736c3d801763a9a35812a3

Because I don't know of a place to park in that area, I'm going to park on the side of 89 highway just east of the 89/10 lights. So head east from 10 on 89 towards Alliston. You'll go through an ess bend going down hill (on the right there is a large section of trees which were knocked down by a wind storm last year), watch for this small park on your right side. You can turn after the park on to a side street and come back. The 321 trail goes right through the park.

On the district 4 trail map, this park is at the intersection of trails 321 and B109.

On a road map its at the intersection of 89 highway and sideroad 5.

Second option I know of. In the town of Glencairn there is a snowmobile friendly gas station. Very small town, can't miss it. Trail comes in to the rear of parking lot, there is a main trail intersection with map a quarter mile out from the station.

Better yet.

Hi New to the form.

In need of a trail sugestion to take my wife as she is a new rider on her own sled.

I am in the Cambridge /Kitchener area.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll ge the information you're looking for! And congratulations on getting the wife on her own sled ... she'll love it!

I am planning on heading to D8 this weekend. The plan (at this point) is to trailer to Orillia Saturday AM and ride from there.

I figure on maybe doing a loop on B105, C, and B.

Probably stay overnight at the Comfort Inn. My daughter will come up after work on Saturday and we'll ride again on Sunday and then head home. Should get a few miles in.

Anyone else going to be riding in the area? Want to meet up?

My fiance (I've been told to say that...lol) and I are going to a concert at Rama Saturday night and staying over at her family cottage at Uptergrove. We had thought we'd take the sleds for Sunday riding but trails on that side of Couch remain closed. We may end up taking them and parking to ride somewhere on the way back.

Never parked there myself but I have heard that people park at the Chapman's factory. Its on the west side of town right next to the railbed trail.

Never parked there myself but I have heard that people park at the Chapman's factory. Its on the west side of town right next to the railbed trail.

I don't know the status of the Chapman's Factory. They had a huge fire there in the Fall and are rebuilding. There may be issues with construction / security.

There may be a staging area on the west side of Cooch but fnewton may be able to help.

No problem,

I'd like to ride around that area myself next week. If you were to park in Durham I usually go in to town from the south and turn right on the first side street, follow it around to the back side of town where the trail goes by. There are a couple larger parking lots for commercial buildings back there. Trail is easy to find as it comes in and goes to the gas station.

I don't know the status of the Chapman's Factory. They had a huge fire there in the Fall and are rebuilding. There may be issues with construction / security.

Yes,

What I had read on another forum was they were working there but there was plenty of room to park. There is also parking across the street I believe.

Because I don't know of a place to park in that area, I'm going to park on the side of 89 highway just east of the 89/10 lights. So head east from 10 on 89 towards Alliston. You'll go through an ess bend going down hill (on the right there is a large section of trees which were knocked down by a wind storm last year), watch for this small park on your right side. You can turn after the park on to a side street and come back. The 321 trail goes right through the park.

On the district 4 trail map, this park is at the intersection of trails 321 and B109.

On a road map its at the intersection of 89 highway and sideroad 5.

Second option I know of. In the town of Glencairn there is a snowmobile friendly gas station. Very small town, can't miss it. Trail comes in to the rear of parking lot, there is a main trail intersection with map a quarter mile out from the station.

Better yet.

We were in Markdale last weekend and parked at the tractor dealership beside the new chapmans... gotta get there early though cause there is limited space... Nice though because the trail runs right through the lot.

Archived