E107 Reroute North of Apsley

revrnd

Be aware that when E107 opens there is a reroute for the '09/'10 season.

Between Hwy. 28 & the golf course the trail turns north towards & crosses the highway south of the Eel's Lake Road. It follows the hydro line to the Eel's Lake Road. It runs the road for about 300 yards. The trail then turns west to use the West Eel's Lake Road (3.7 miles) where it meets up w/ PTB-624. There is a E107 sign there. Until the trail is opened (looks pretty close) I'll assume the trail is signed E107 to the junction w/ E108. I just turned the truck around there (road is plowed). I didn't bother to walk in the trail.

The club has posted a new iamge of the reroute.

[attachment=0]2009-12-29_E107_Re-route_0001.jpg[/attachment]

The trail is now open w/ a "limited" rating.

A heads up on the existing part of E107 between the Buckhorn #503 and Paudash #609 (McQuigge/Rathburn) trail. There's a short stretch of trail that is plowed out to the 4th Con'. Log hauling will be going on later this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Any reports on condition of E107 reroute north of Apsley. Looking to run north of Apsley to Lk ST Peter thursday for the weekend. Just curious about condition of trail. Sounds like a good trail? Thanks for info.

I've been on it a few times already & probably this afternoon. It's been in good shape for the most part. Only a short stretch of "sanded" road running. 3 miles of plowed road running, but there's lots of snow on that stretch.

I'll let you know how it is when I get back.

Thanks Revrnd, I can always count on accurate info from you for that area. We plan on dropping in Apsley around 1 pm tomorrow.

Rode up to the Eel's Lake/West roads intersection. The trail is in decent shape & good snow cover except for a very short stretch before you hit the Eel's Lake Rd.

Be careful out there. I met 3 clowns today that figure the trails are one way during the week (nobody riding in the opposite direction). Tracks from the 3rd guy (after I turned around) were all over the trail, more often than not on the wrong siide or middle.

Thanks Revrnd. We are going to give it a try. Nice to see something new. I am always surprised at how many riders appear to think they are the only ones on the trail. My rule is play safe, and live to play another day!!!!

If you see a black & yellow REV & a silver Indy Classic, that's us. We might go up & do the Saunders Trail (north of Clubhouse & old Schnitzel House).

Archived