Ganaraska Forest

sxr600Rider

Hi all,

Looking for any information on the current conditions in the Ganaraska Forest. Did it rain up there? Do the trails still have snow?

I called them yesterday. Said there was a lot of rain and the trails were soft, however the base is still ok. Need cold weather and more snow. Hopefully a week will help, as long as bad Mother Nature does not get confused again. The trails are temporarily closed. They told me the OFSC only updates twice a week Monday and Thursday (What year is it?).

Hi all,

Looking for any information on the current conditions in the Ganaraska Forest. Did it rain up there? Do the trails still have snow?

I called them yesterday. Said there was a lot of rain and the trails were soft, however the base is still ok. Need cold weather and more snow. Hopefully a week will help, as long as bad Mother Nature does not get confused again. The trails are temporarily closed. They told me the OFSC only updates twice a week Monday and Thursday (What year is it?).

In a stuation like this it can be updated 24/7 . Our District Administrator even did one on Christmas Day !!!!!!!!!

Alright thanks for the information, I guess a ride tomorrow is out of the question then. I wish they would update a little more often in these situations as it is sometime tought to get information. At least the Forum is active and we can get information in this manner.

Thanks everyone.

Hi all,

In a stuation like this it can be updated 24/7 . Our District Administrator even did one on Christmas Day !!!!!!!!!

I guess they must have heard you Bill.

Looks like the Ganny should be back to before pre melt status. Talked to the GSC and was told the trails are OK. Hoping to go this weekend. Will take some pictures.

We have not been to the Ganaraska yet, thinking of going this w/e. Coming from the east is there parking somewhere near 28 at Bewdley?

Don't know. I usually park at the 35/115 split. GSC says the trails east of the forest are marginal. They are pretty good in the west forest. May be worth the extra drive.

Here is what they say.

Trails in the forest are in limited condition. E108 east of the main forest is in marginal condition, PLEASE STAY ON THE TRAIL in the farmer''s fields. Side trails are better than E108. The groomer has been out and repaired some of the damage done by someone riding during the warm weather and rain. There is a NEW entrance to Rice Lake this year. The gate on it is still closed due to unsafe ice. STAY OFF THE LAKE

Thanks for the information. I am looking to go up tomorrow. Will post some pics if I can remember my camera. Hope to see you on the trails. Will be riding a blue SXR600, stop and say hello if you see me.

We are planning to go Sunday. Really, really hoping some snow falls by then.

I was there yesterday, and I am going back today. I would recomend getting in to the Ganaraska trail system and riding around in there. That is where the base is pretty good. It did snow some yesterday, but they still require more. The trails on the outskirts (from 115/35 parking in) were a bit thin, but marginal. We did not try the path to Noon's as the base was to thin. Trails in the main forest under the tree canopy seemed fine considering. Saw the groomer pass and he seemed to make the trails worse in some spots.

A couple of pictures on E108.

1420_dd0c1be5265a93bf0d8d464c2f28f143

Can't wait to go Sunday - our first ride this winter. Were the trails busy?

The trails were not busy at all. The inner forest trails (Non E108) were very good. They are calling for 5 to 10 cm of snow Sunday. Trails improved since ride on Saturday, looks like they got more snow and the ride to Noon's was OK. Enjoy, we sure did. If they get the forecasted snow, then it should be great.

Here is the forecast.

Thanks for the Report YamiDude, I can almost see your little guy smilin right through that helmet..

Looking forward to meeting you & the family at the PET Ride.

Thanks for the Report YamiDude, I can almost see your little guy smilin right through that helmet..

Looking forward to meeting you & the family at the PET Ride.

Yah, He is smilin through that helmet. Keeps reminding me he will be 12 in a couple of years. Looking forward to the PET.

FYI, I did register online but never recieved a confirmation.

I was out yesterday and ran from Bewdley to Noone's on the E108 and back. It wasn't too bad but needs more snow. Some of the corners are pretty much down to the ice and they sneek up on you so really watch your speed if your out. There are some bigger stones poking up but not as many as you would think and again just in some sections aswell as a few bigger branches. The forest center area was excellent. Many side trails looked hardly run. The fields weren't as bad as I thought they would be but there is some corn so it needs more snow. Closer to Bewdley there is logging so watch out around where the 2 power lines cross...this area is in pretty rough shape through to Bewdley. The fields are pretty much bare to Noone's, I took the ditch for what was broke in allready. Overall, I've ridden worse but a lot better too. If you take your time you could have a decent ride. Happy trails!!

Showing fully open now along with Long Sault and some others.

I believe the forest center is now open on the weekends too.

:cheers::right_on:

I was out yesterday and ran from Bewdley to Noone's on the E108 and back. It wasn't too bad but needs more snow. Some of the corners are pretty much down to the ice and they sneek up on you so really watch your speed if your out. There are some bigger stones poking up but not as many as you would think and again just in some sections aswell as a few bigger branches. The forest center area was excellent. Many side trails looked hardly run. The fields weren't as bad as I thought they would be but there is some corn so it needs more snow. Closer to Bewdley there is logging so watch out around where the 2 power lines cross...this area is in pretty rough shape through to Bewdley. The fields are pretty much bare to Noone's, I took the ditch for what was broke in allready. Overall, I've ridden worse but a lot better too. If you take your time you could have a decent ride. Happy trails!!

rode there today,and that it a good summation of the trails,,,,they are holding up ok,,,, :mrgreen::mrgreen: and are freshly groomed,,, :woot::woot:

Archived