Heading to District 3- Ganaraska Forest; Need Information

sxr600Rider

Hey guys,

I am just getting back into the sport. Riding a 2000 SXR 600. I am looking to head up to the Ganaraska Forest for a ride early next week. I was wondering what the closest access point would be when heading from the Kitchener area, should I go all the way up to the forest, or is there another route where I could ride in from a spot that is a little closer? Any information would be appreciated.

Where the 115 and 35 split, take the 35 North for about 15 seconds until you come to a carpool area. Unload in the carpool (trail runs behind it). Ride south to the tunnel, take the tunnel and your in the Ganny. Have fun. Lots of good riding up there. Been to the Ganny/Pontypool area 2 weekends in a row now.

I would go to the PPSC clubhouse and have breakfast mmmmmmmm Rosie Omelete first...then take the E108 east towards the ganny...

My opinoin is that if you are going to be near a great clubhouse use it

I would go to the PPSC clubhouse and have breakfast mmmmmmmm Rosie Omelete first...then take the E108 east towards the ganny...

Yum. I like that option !

These are the moments when you wish Sylvester got the mouse.

No Offence STG

Yum. I like that option !

These are the moments when you wish Sylvester got the mouse.

No Offence STG

many many many moments :twisted:

Thanks everyone for the information. Does anyone know who would be a good person to contact regarding conditions, it seems we are expecting a little rain today into tomorrow and I would like to check to make sure everything is good for Monday when I plan on heading up.

Call Noone's Petro Canada @ 905-983-9290. They're just SW of the Ganny. They sell permits & the trail is groomed to their business.

You can also call the Ganaraska Snowmobile Club direct 905-983-5099. I was planning to go there Monday but will call before I go.

Archived