Supertrax Magazine Great Ambasadors of the Sport?

smokeater466

Hey PhatboyC .. Congrats and the sled and glad you where able to learn something from this.. I have stopped countless times and asked people if they need help.. Lots had runout of gas and had a buddy going for some gas. And the more remote the area, the more we need to be on the lookout for people in trouble.

Have a nice weekend with your new toy.. Rick

Thanks! I will have fun. How can we not with all this snow today! I'm not going in the trails for now. I don't even know where to start and I don't have a trailer. My sled is now at my parents cottage close to Wendover. So I'll be ridding along the Ottawa River.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think we could all take a little bit out of this topic and remind our selves that we are all fellow snowmobilers out there and in the time of need we generally look out for each other.

I have found myself riding alone recently since my wife has become sick and I have no worries about becoming broken down (not that a Polaris ever breaks down) on the trail and being stranded as there is always someone coming along soon and I know it would just take the wave of an arm and someone would stop to help. Keep in mind this southern ontario and is heavily populated, I have had the -40 broken done miles from civilization, hypothermic experiance in Northern Ontario and I would not ever leave anyone in a remote area even if they thought they would be ok regardless of where I was going or how much of a hurry I was in.

Many times while stopped at an intersection making notes or reading a sign board others will come along and give you that second look or a thumbs up all it takes is a thumbs up back or a wave and someone would stop...or vice versa, I never go by a group or single rider without seeing if they need assistance, even if it's only simple directions. We are all good people and I think we take care of our own.

On one ride this winter I came across 2 sleds stopped in a bush the one had it's hood up, I stopped to see if I could help. It turned out that one of the guys works for the same municipality as I do and i see him almost everyday. To make a long story short they had major motor troubles, I offered them oil, my spare plugs and tools. The motor was pooched they had a toy rope and were only a few miles from home so i traveled on knowing they had things under control. While we were there every other rider that went by also stopped to see if they could help.

Now I'm not taking anyones side on this but it's sounds like you were close to a populated area with help nearby and made no attempt to wave the Supertrax crew down. Maybe they didn't see you or just plain didn't realize you were in distress..it's possible but i really don't think they drove by and said screw'm.

How many other sleds went by without stopping?

Now in Lukes defense I could see where he and his crew could be a bit upset at someone posting a thread like this attacking them personally and their business. I would be a little upset to if because I had a sticker on my windshield, I was singled out and bashed on a public forum.

Well I hope we all get over this and that no harm has been done, and we all take a good lesson from this.

Now for some good news...the GTSA trails just opened. Go get some riding in before mother nature changes her mind.

Never once did I say I was stranded. Yes, I was in a full service town (albeit toward the end of the day on a Sunday - I seen them rolling the sidewalks up as I waited on the trail,lol) I looked up as they went by - but I guess I didn't give an accurate count of the number of sleds in their entorage that went by which was they only hole he could pick in my story . There was 5 I said 6-8 I really objected to Luke's assertion that I was not telling the truth. I understand that his primary concern is his reputation - by the tone of his argument that appears to be his primary focus. That is not how you go about solving a misunderstanding. It could be that they didn't see me, a sorry would have surficed.

He and his gang are probably good guys and perhaps they didn't see me there. Let's leave it at that. This is a private discussion forum and I am entitled, I believe, to present my side of the story and it was not made to over malign the Supertrax crew just to convey my frustration that they didn't even stop to ask if help was required. I think I presented my version of the events tactfully and didn't "bash" them or call them names. Another intent was to generate discussion about helping each other out on the trail. I am sure most on this forum are die-hard sledders and would never pass someone stopped on the trail but there are those that would and perhaps this has caused them to think twice in that situation and given them some points to ponder.

Well All I can ad on this Is I met the Supertrax guys before and they are a great bunch of Guys, I also Rode with some of them a Few times, on Snowmobiles or ATV's and I'm Very sure if there was any Sign from the guy on the side of the trail to stop for help they would of stoped right away.

Never once did I say I was stranded. Yes, I was in a full service town (albeit toward the end of the day on a Sunday - I seen them rolling the sidewalks up as I waited on the trail,lol) I looked up as they went by - but I guess I didn't give an accurate count of the number of sleds in their entorage that went by which was they only hole he could pick in my story . There was 5 I said 6-8 I really objected to Luke's assertion that I was not telling the truth. I understand that his primary concern is his reputation - by the tone of his argument that appears to be his primary focus. That is not how you go about solving a misunderstanding. It could be that they didn't see me, a sorry would have surficed.

He and his gang are probably good guys and perhaps they didn't see me there. Let's leave it at that. This is a private discussion forum and I am entitled, I believe, to present my side of the story and it was not made to over malign the Supertrax crew just to convey my frustration that they didn't even stop to ask if help was required. I think I presented my version of the events tactfully and didn't "bash" them or call them names. Another intent was to generate discussion about helping each other out on the trail. I am sure most on this forum are die-hard sledders and would never pass someone stopped on the trail but there are those that would and perhaps this has caused them to think twice in that situation and given them some points to ponder.

Hey Smokeater.. Very well said!!!! This is what's called a open discussion and that's what I wanted my website to be... Today we where out riding and someone in a snowmobile suit (covered in mud) was walked down the train rail line... Immediately, Giddy UP! stopped her sled and said "are you ok?" he replied, I sunk my sled in a washout and have to go get some help (he was a local)..

He then said there was a bad really and washout just down the trail (and his sled was submerged). We turned around and our fearless group lead STG found another way around. At trail intersections, we warned other riders of the danger ahead...

And today I was also a SmokeEater, I rode behind a smokey 2-stroke all day :puke:

Today's ride for the oc.com Kelly Shrine Breast Cancer Ride was a great success!!! Maple, Evil and Giddy Up! will post some updates soon.. These girls did an amazing job on this ride and everyone else that came to this event was great! I met lots of new friends and got to spend time with alot of old friends. More in the morning,,

Back to the topic, This thread is one of the best in recent memory..... And to the guys from suppertrax. This might have started out to look to you as a supertrax bashing thread, but imo, this is just a weird way to bring you guys up to speed on how the ontario snowmobile community that we have here... You guys are welcome to be part of this forum and I'm sure that you would feel more than welcome here.. Rick :wavey:

Archived