Pembroke area???

shawnj

Does anyone have any info on Pembroke area. Looking to get a little bit of a first ride in this coming weekend. Thanks.

Was out this past weekend trails were fair to good there were a few rough plowed fields but passable on the top A between pembroke and renfrew and a few washouts on other trails . Other than that they were good but after the mild weather this week you may want to ride north and west of pembroke. Was also told by the guy i rode with on sunday that saturday he was up to griffith and he said that trails were fantastic up there.

Ya I figured the rain and such would put the trails to the test. Like you said, maybe up west towards Deep River to Mattawa. Looks like colder temps for the rest of week with maybe some snow hopefully.

How about an update on area conditions after this weekend. I talked to one person that went up to Rolphton and they were pretty good I guess. Thanks.

Thanks bmax. That sounds good. Don't know about this week as it is supposed to be quite mild for a couple days and I hope we don't get any rain. Do you know Josh and Linda VanHoof from Pettawawa. (pine ridge park&resort). That is usually where we go and start our touring from there. We've been over to Deacon many times too.

Pettawawa. (pine ridge park&resort).

sorry to butt in...Is Pine Ridge Park on the trail? Or is access to the trail fairly easy? The place looks nice on its web site but doesn't say specifically about trail access.

Slomo, it is not right on trail but close to a mile off. BUT, there is access and I believe they even run the groomer down to their place, that's what the plans were anyway's. If not, they groom it themselves. You leave the 'A' Trail right around Pete's Sales and Service.(the skidoo dealer) and head down towards the Ottawa river. If planning on going there sometime call and they can give you precise directions on where to cross the road and where they have their signs located. I haven't been up this year yet, but supposed to be this coming weekend. It is nice place, and excellent food at the Shanty.

I havent satyed at this place in 8 years or more, and I think it has changed owners since I have, but I really liked this place. The owners at the time were awesome. We had some serious sled issues that would have ended our vacation on the first night, but they hooked us up with good help and we were up and running the next day. The only down side was that you had to run the road to get to the main trail, and it was around a mile. The first couple days the road was covered but the last couple it was dry and it sucked. There seemed to be plenty of room to run a groomer down the shoulder, so if they do this now, I'd say problem solved. The cottages were nice and we had a great time.

Thanks for the info! Looks like a good place for the summer as well if there is a decent amount of river boat travel. Great area for sandy shores and stands of trees. Also know a good pickeral spot not far from CFB Pet boat launch. :D

Just got back a couple hours ago from Pine Ridge Park and Resort in Petawawa.Ya the Pickeral fishing is supposed to be really good, right in front of their place. You can count twenty some boats fishing there just before dark. They have a trail right from the main trail right to the cottages doors. Just have to cross the road by Bower's gas station which is directly across for Petes(skidoo dealer). We put about 3-4 hundred miles on the last couple days. Trails were quite nice. The new re route trail at Deep River still needs a bit of snow on it, was hitting some either rocks or frozen ground. Last night the 4 of us, including the owners of the park,were coming down the rail line and one of our machines puked it's antifreeze all over. Towed it to nearest road and came back with trailer. At least we were close to our destination. Not sure what happened yet, not even looked at it. We did the 136 trail counter clockwise, which I should have known not to go that way due to the steep icy hill. Even the machine with studs had a hard time getting up it. Then the one without, well, I had to get a bit of a run at it. Made it first time, don't know if I touched the ground or not..... It's a really nice back woods trail, just make sure to go clockwise. There was one track down it on a freshly groomed trail and a light dusting on top of it. Our trip this weekend is now cancelled, but maybe we'll have the sled fixed or get another by the next weekend.

Coondog, reroute to Deep River isn't that bad. Especially if they received this snow last night. There was a few chunks of frozen ground from the bulldozing that I heard my skis bounce off, then about 2km of gravel road on the shoulder. Mostly snow covered though. I'm sure it will be all fine now or by the weekend.

Coondog, I'll try to expain the part the is missing in the reroute. Not sure if you have a map or not? The trail that goes from Hwy 17 at Deep River north -north east all the way down to the large corner that was up high overlooking a valley and some mountain terrain in the distance. If you remeber the high fence that ran along the trail for a ways, it still uses most of that trail. It is actually probably quicker the new way. Trails should be back in shape later this week after this last mild spell.

I just read my own post on the trail re route. I've confused myself.....Hope you can get something from it. Will be going back up this weekend again, the misses has a new Apex GT to try out. Guess I know who will be following who!!!!!

Archived