New Hamburg trails

Sledder12

Anyone know what is going to happen with the New Hamburg trails where it used to cross Waterloo St on the edge of New Hamburg? There is a new subdivision development there now.

Also noticed there is a school being built in Baden where the trails used to cross near Waterloo Oxford.

Damn urban sprawl!!!

I understand from the club Pres. that they are working with the township to try and get through the subdivision. He indicated that if that wouldn't work, it would likely mean road running or stopping the trail at Waterloo St. They're doing their best to solve the trail vs. growth problem.

when is New Hamburg staking ??...

I would say if they dont get the go to go thru the new sub,they will use the old trail that involves a little road running,anybody remember the way they done it 10yrs ago???it worked then.

We have talked to the landowners about getting around the new subdivision and they are working great with us. We still need to approach the township to try and get permission to cross the top of the new water retention ponds. Rumor has it that might be an issue. The other option is a 2.5 km scratch down Christner Rd. The problem is the road is scraped clean all winter and is paved (not nice). There will likely be a problem with sleds sneaking on to lawns and other places looking for snow. The least prefered option is ending the trail at Waterloo St.

The club doesn't have a set day for staking trails. Each section is looked after by a different club member. We are having a sign installation training day at our clubhouse at 12 noon this Saturday. If anyone is willing to help please come out and we will try to team you up with somebody who needs a hand. We also have some sections with no member looking after them so you could help there also.

We have talked to the landowners about getting around the new subdivision and they are working great with us. We still need to approach the township to try and get permission to cross the top of the new water retention ponds. Rumor has it that might be an issue. The other option is a 2.5 km scratch down Christner Rd. The problem is the road is scraped clean all winter and is paved (not nice). There will likely be a problem with sleds sneaking on to lawns and other places looking for snow. The least prefered option is ending the trail at Waterloo St.

The club doesn't have a set day for staking trails. Each section is looked after by a different club member. We are having a sign installation training day at our clubhouse at 12 noon this Saturday. If anyone is willing to help please come out and we will try to team you up with somebody who needs a hand. We also have some sections with no member looking after them so you could help there also.

well I use the Nithburg Motel access trail so if someone is needed for that section I am more than willing to help, look after, sign, etc

Thanks for the update Rob... :wavey:

Can anyone give me a contact for Wellesley trails so that I can volunteer to help with staking?

Can anyone give me a contact for Wellesley trails so that I can volunteer to help with staking?

Fish......pm/email (Rob)Nith Valley Sledder.....he will have the contact info u are looking forsure....

THE CONTACT NAME YOU WANT IS DAVE NEEB. HE CAN BE REACHED AT 519-656-2167. HIS WIFE PAULA ALSO KNOW WHATS HAPPENING.

Thanks for the info. I gave them a call last night and offered to help with what ever they needed help with.

• 2 weeks later...
At the bare minimum, can the trail stop on the south side of Waterloo St. where it has for the past few years.

I speak for several people when I say this is our only access to the trail system.

OntSledder

The club meeting is Wed night Dec 16 at Bluesky Marine on Arnold St at 7:30pm (use the side door and go upstairs). Why don't you come out and get involved. If that trail is going to get salvaged it will probably require some extra work staking and putting up snowfence to keep people on the trail. It is still a work in progress and nobody is jumping up to volunteer to get it sorted out.

• 2 weeks later...

wondering if or when the New Burg Inn access trail will be staked??...Like last year I volunteered to do whatever for that section to get it up and open..was extremlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy disappointed last year when it was not open at all due to it not being leveled in time......Diceman

Diceman,

Did you get talking to the trailmaster? He is new this year and still learning the ropes. If you have had no reply try again. The guy that does the Newburg trail spends a lot of time working out of town. The trail has been land levelled (or as best as it could be with the frost) so there is only a small portion to be finished. Most of the active guys in the club have their piece of trail finished and some of us have spent numerous weekends working on other trail upgrade projects. Getting this close to Christmas you are not likely to find most of the club members really eager to go finish a trail that is purely an access trail for a small portion of town that they are not going to ride. It is going to take somebody like you to get involved and push to get it finished. There is a lot of work just getting the main trails finished and a small dedicated group that does most of the work.

Diceman,

Did you get talking to the trailmaster? He is new this year and still learning the ropes. If you have had no reply try again. The guy that does the Newburg trail spends a lot of time working out of town. The trail has been land levelled (or as best as it could be with the frost) so there is only a small portion to be finished. Most of the active guys in the club have their piece of trail finished and some of us have spent numerous weekends working on other trail upgrade projects. Getting this close to Christmas you are not likely to find most of the club members really eager to go finish a trail that is purely an access trail for a small portion of town that they are not going to ride. It is going to take somebody like you to get involved and push to get it finished. There is a lot of work just getting the main trails finished and a small dedicated group that does most of the work.

well I was emailed from someone ( never kept it) saying that they would contact me when people were staking..I volunteered to do anything needed and gave my email and phone number.....would of gladly went out to help.....who do I contact for the New Burg access trail?...I am off for 2 weeks for the holidays and would gladly stake that section or do whatever else is needed.... I think all trails, access or not are important ...we all pay the same so should have equal opportunities to access the trail if possible....tell mw were and when to stake and I am there.....Cheers Diceman

I e-mailed you the contact info for the guys to get in touch with. You are correct that all trails are important but there is getting to be fewer people like you that will actually come out and help make it happen. It may not be right but that is the reality of it.

well noticed that the access trail has been stalked which is great ....have yet not heard back from the guy that you had emailed me his email about hellping...hope I hear back because like I said I am very willing to help out in any way.....Thanks Diceman

I e-mailed you the contact info for the guys to get in touch with. You are correct that all trails are important but there is getting to be fewer people like you that will actually come out and help make it happen. It may not be right but that is the reality of it.

Sean called me and all is well..lol....everything seems ready for the season but will be helping take stuff down in the spring...Thanks Diceman

Just joined the forum -there is some great info on here.

What was the final outcome on the trail at waterloo street -is it running out past the new pond? - I noticed there is still corn in the one field on christner road just before you cross the road heading to the bridge.

Just joined the forum -there is some great info on here.

What was the final outcome on the trail at waterloo street -is it running out past the new pond? - I noticed there is still corn in the one field on christner road just before you cross the road heading to the bridge.

Noticed the same yesterday. Last I heard they were working on it, but that was a month ago :wtf:

As of Tuesday night, they were still working on it. The corn is an added obstacle. The new subdivision is still the major problem. Some talk at the triangle meeting of trying to find another option for the connection to Northeasthope trails.

Archived