no gas in searchmont???

skidooboy

At the time of the fire there was 2 places for fuel. Ker-lins and the Searchmont trading post..There was bad feelings there when The Searchmont trading post opened up, opening another store just down the road.. The service at Ker-Lins was good but they didn't always have what we needed, now trust me I am not shooting down the place but there were a few times when we were going fishing for the weekend and we left a few things to pick up at Ker-Lins ( beer,gas and ice) and she didn't have them at the time, so we had to back track to Goulais, very big inconviece...So we started to get everything in town.. Now with the Searchmont trading Post we buy are bait and gas there and they always seems to have them...Emergency # (705) 971-4095 (705) 971-7035

Don,t forget that there is a staging area just down the Witman Dam road Drift wood Lodge ( I think it's called) , the guy plows out his yard and rents cabins. We always park there when we go to camp, he gets pretty full on weekends so sometimes it's good to call first ..There is a new restraunt in Searchmont 10 feet off the trail but it is very expensive...

Well there's not a time myself n been going their for yearsss that Ker-Lin's didn't have GAS, BEER or ICE cause both store had same delivery company..except beer cause the Searchmont Trading Post CAN"T get LCBO. and of course to mension the great service(remember when all beer store n liquor store in town"sault" being closed cause darn holiday but NO Ker-Lin's still open for your convenience)(it's so funny that people don't appreciate good service but always like to put people down, you got to remember ker-lin was in business for probibly( that I can remember) 10-12 yrs n the other just opened witch didn't go well with LOTS of people I talk to ,specially just down the road!!!! in our city we have a very different name for people like that...specially I talk to quiet a few locals that aren't happy about all that n say now that the store burnt they have to drive to town and also the day the trading post open few residents got no trespassing notice from them(trading post) and I no that for a fact cause I was shown the NOTRESPASING notice from few of them and couldn't beleive my eyes...but anyways I guess thats how their going to run their business n its up to them... we'll just see how long their there....yours truly...

... :banghead::roll: We did have a family camp at Ranger Lake...

Well there's not a time myself n been going their for yearsss that Ker-Lin's didn't have GAS, BEER or ICE cause both store had same delivery company..except beer cause the Searchmont Trading Post CAN"T get LCBO. and of course to mension the great service(remember when all beer store n liquor store in town"sault" being closed cause darn holiday but NO Ker-Lin's still open for your convenience)(it's so funny that people don't appreciate good service but always like to put people down, you got to remember ker-lin was in business for probibly( that I can remember) 10-12 yrs n the other just opened witch didn't go well with LOTS of people I talk to ,specially just down the road!!!! in our city we have a very different name for people like that...specially I talk to quiet a few locals that aren't happy about all that n say now that the store burnt they have to drive to town and also the day the trading post open few residents got no trespassing notice from them(trading post) and I no that for a fact cause I was shown the NOTRESPASING notice from few of them and couldn't beleive my eyes...but anyways I guess thats how their going to run their business n its up to them... we'll just see how long their there....yours truly...

... :banghead::roll: We did have a family camp at Ranger Lake...

Huh?

And your point is? And no I haven't been drinking. Yet.

I know of a few locales in northern Ontario where business owners seem to have it out for other businesses/competitors. I think once this animosity gets out in the public domain it can hurt a business more than help it.

Don,t forget that there is a staging area just down the Witman Dam road Drift wood Lodge ( I think it's called) , the guy plows out his yard and rents cabins. We always park there when we go to camp, he gets pretty full on weekends so sometimes it's good to call first

Driftwood Valley Chalets, listed on my accommodations list.

I am just saying I go up almost every weekend of the year and there was a few times that she had no gas, strait from her mouth is that she didn't sell enough gas ( in the summer) to get them to deliver on a regular basics because it very expensive to get them to deliver ( I think she said $75-$100) so she would call when she was low.. As for beer she they were out of beer one time and another time she only had one kind I believe it was Molson Dry or Lucky something like that..It could of been out of her hands that she ran out I don't know, but i like to buy what I want, not only what is offered so I shop else where.

Gold digger i am not sure if your comments were directed to me, but I have no idea why the guy opened the store down the road, I don't know him personally but here it's a free country if you want to open a store beside a store then go for it... And good luck to the both of them..I will go where the service, price and variety suits me and my needs..I have a camp on Northland Lake, my uncle has a camp on Cowie Lake, another uncle has a camp on Ranger Lake and my coisin has a Chalet at the Ski hill.. So I am always in the area, and spent my share of money at ker-lins, and The Trading Post..

Archived