$1.2 Billion (economic impact of sledding in Ontario)

Canuck

$1.2 billion - What an odd number.

It keeps re-appearing in articles I’ve read this week.

First, I visited the OFSC website, and noticed this at the top of one page (great news, in fact) - Ontario’s trail network has over 41,000 kilometres of snowmobile trails to ride.This world-class trail system relies on the efforts of over 6,000 volunteers. The economic impact of snowmobiling in Ontario is estimated at $1.2 billion dollars http://yourhome.ca/homes/article/713970

I’ll leave it up to the ‘economists’ on this forum* to determine whether an ‘economic impact’ of $1.2 billion (snowmobiling in Ontario) equates to a $1.2 billion boost to GDP, which in turn equates to ‘three car plants’.

Of course I am partial to Ontario snowmobiling, but I am curious; is there anywhere on Earth that has better trails?

Of course I am partial to Ontario snowmobiling, but I am curious; is there anywhere on Earth that has better trails?

Ontario trails are second to none.

You mean there are other places even worth considering sledding than Ontario?

We are in god's country in so many ways.... No bias of course.

AO, you have probably been on half of those 41,000 kms of trail over the years, I'll bet you already new the answer to your question :lol:

Archived